GTR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Can i say FWIW i think you're missing a trick by getting rid of the chit chat section specific to the R35.

a) It's much harder to find R35 info which is just general talk on the car. This is the sort of thing that attracted but more importantly hooked me to this site
b) It's much quieter in the R35 section now
c) It's a new car with lots of people like myself who are new to GT-R so it's a chance to get us on board.

So when a newbie picks up their new R35 September i guess will be a busy month with the Sat Nav cars coming, comes to the forum after seeing their welcome pack, they see a very quiet R35 section because threads are in the General section and hence doesn't join in.

Look at my spend since i joined but in the past 2 weeks, i've spent more time on nagtroc because it's easier to find R35 chat no matter how banal.

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
a) It's much harder to find R35 info which is just general talk on the car. This is the sort of thing that attracted but more importantly hooked me to this site
b) It's much quieter in the R35 section now
c) It's a new car with lots of people like myself who are new to GT-R so it's a chance to get us on board.

So when a newbie picks up their new R35 September i guess will be a busy month with the Sat Nav cars coming, comes to the forum after seeing their welcome pack, they see a very quiet R35 section because threads are in the General section and hence doesn't join in.

Look at my spend since i joined but in the past 2 weeks, i've spent more time on nagtroc because it's easier to find R35 chat no matter how banal.
A lot of what was in the "R35 General" bit was actually not general at all and was more relevant to other sections but people were too lazy to find the right 'pigeon hole' to put it into. This should help that although clearly people are still taking the lazy option and stuffing everything under one heading - now the "General Chat" area

If someone is posting up stiff about SatNav then it belongs in technical or ordering surely? We had exactly this to start with for insurance and other bits and spend ages moving threads to 'educate' people. Perhaps we need to expand the areas in the R35 section to allow for more areas of debate? For now as the site owner has said, let's see how this pans out when people get more adept at filing properly then review again in a month or so

all a bit head scratching in the merged chit chat....man there's a lot of threads!
Agreed. But if you look many of them aren't 'general' at all. Best example is the 'Chicks and R35s' which should really be in the Gallery. There are many more like this

someone link me to where everything went that was here prior, please
General Chit Chat - GT-R Register - Official Nissan Skyline and GTR Owners Club forum

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.