GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

When I use the forum search with multiple keywords I can't get it to do an AND search and it always does an OR search instead.

For example searching for 2011 gearbox software finds all posts that mention any of those words, and therefore not particularly useful.

I've tried 2011 AND gearbox AND software and also +2011 +gearbox +software but the results still contain posts with any of those words.

Am I missing something obvious?!

Thanks!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi all,

When I use the forum search with multiple keywords I can't get it to do an AND search and it always does an OR search instead.

For example searching for 2011 gearbox software finds all posts that mention any of those words, and therefore not particularly useful.

I've tried 2011 AND gearbox AND software and also +2011 +gearbox +software but the results still contain posts with any of those words.

Am I missing something obvious?!

Thanks!
have you tried used the quotation marks - e.g. "2011 gearbox software"?

·
Administrator
31,590 Posts
Unfortunately the search engine is a bit crap

If you use google site search you'll get better results

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unfortunately the search engine is a bit crap

If you use google site search you'll get better results
Cheers - that's probably the best plan.

I'm sure it must just be a config setting somewhere as I'm sure vBulletin normally supports different types of searches.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Nothing in particular this time thanks - 2011 gearbox software is just an example - but frequently try to use the search and find it returns too many irrelevant posts.
Which I have to admit is why I don't use it.

For most forums I've come across using google with what you are looking for and the forum name works just as well, if not better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts