GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time for a service or an oil change? Now could be a good time to buy because we're running a free shipping offer until midnight Sunday 23rd August 2009, for orders of £30 or over, on deliveries to mainland UK only and does not include trade customers.

But Opie Oils isn't just about lubricants and we have a wide range of car parts too, from brands such as Brembo, Denso, Trico and more.

To receive free carriage all you need to do is enter discount code* FREESHIPAUG at the basket or checkout!

All the best,
The Opieoils.co.uk Team

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hey Oilman,

I know that this don't apply for me as I live in Sweden, but you might have some sort of discount anyway? :chuckle:

Do you ship to Sweden and what are the shipping cost for it?
I have a gtr33 and it is original at the moment, but will become 350-400bhp during the winter. I only drive it during the summer (april-september) with one or a couple of track events (at least one next year I hope). What do you recomend for an oil, brand and viscosity?

BR, Stefan

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hey Guy,

I know that you have recomended silkolene before, but I also remember (If I haven't mixed you with someone else on the forum) that you wrote that a 10w20 / 10w30 oil would be great for gtr:s (and probalby other cars as well as the interval between the numbers is very small and therefore a more stable oil mixture. Does I remeber corectly or am I way of ?

I run CFS 10w60 Fully Synthetic at the moment, was in the car when I bought it and i am just about the change.
Is this any good oil? 10W60, 60 sounds high isn't it?

I also plan to change 4wd fluid and might do the diffs as well, what do you recomend for them?

Best Regards,
Stefan

Yep we ship to Sweden, you can find carriage costs here Carriage Charges

For the R33 the Silkolene Pro S 10w-50 here Silkolene Pro S 10W-50 Ester Synthetic Oil Is ideal.

Cheers

Guy

·
Registered
486 Posts
Guy,

Just wanted to say thank you for sorting the order out and the delivery. Top notch service and shall use in future.

All the best,
J

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Guy,

I know that you have recomended silkolene before, but I also remember (If I haven't mixed you with someone else on the forum) that you wrote that a 10w20 / 10w30 oil would be great for gtr:s (and probalby other cars as well as the interval between the numbers is very small and therefore a more stable oil mixture. Does I remeber corectly or am I way of ?

I run CFS 10w60 Fully Synthetic at the moment, was in the car when I bought it and i am just about the change.
Is this any good oil? 10W60, 60 sounds high isn't it?

I also plan to change 4wd fluid and might do the diffs as well, what do you recomend for them?

Best Regards,
Stefan
Stefan,

You could use 10w-30, I wouldnt go as far as SAE20. All depends on oil temps as this will dictate how thin it gets under hard use.

The Millers is a good oil but 10w-60 is a tad to thick IMO.

Something like this for the diff Silkolene BOA 90 LS High Performance Gear And Limited Slip Differential Oil

Cheers

Guy

·
Registered
358 Posts
Stefan,

You could use 10w-30, I wouldnt go as far as SAE20. All depends on oil temps as this will dictate how thin it gets under hard use.

The Millers is a good oil but 10w-60 is a tad to thick IMO.

Something like this for the diff Silkolene BOA 90 LS High Performance Gear And Limited Slip Differential Oil

Cheers

Guy

Hi mate,

Okay, so 10w30 might be a tad to low, 10w40 / 10w50 then?
I used Mobil 1 5w50 all the time before, is the "5w" to low?

I have been using "Motul 90 PA" in my last car (s14a) for the diff and it worked great, is "Silkolene BOA 90 LS" about the "same stuff"?

I used "Motul MOTYLGEAR 75w80" (might have been 75w90, but thinkg it was 75w80) in my s14a which solved alot of shifting issues on my gearbox, very nice. Does this work for the gtr as well?
What do you recomend for the gearbox?

Transmission Lubricants - Skylines Australia
I spend time at the aus forum as well and they have a thread about oils/fliuds. Seems as they like castol over there. Anyhow if I remember correct the wrote in there somewhere that "Castrol Transmax Z" is the same fluid as Nissan recomend them self for the 4wd, just branded. What do you recomend for the 4WD Transfer ?

Many thanx for all your help! I think oils are a pure mistery :confused:
Best Regards, Stefan

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep, 5w-50 will be fine. The Motul fluids, 90pa and teh Motylgear are ideal.
The 4 wheel transfer is that the same as the atessa fluid?

Cheers

Guy

·
Registered
358 Posts
Yep, 5w-50 will be fine. The Motul fluids, 90pa and teh Motylgear are ideal.
The 4 wheel transfer is that the same as the atessa fluid?

Cheers

Guy
Hey,

Yes, 4wd reffers to the atessa fluid.

Nice to hear that motul is great stuff as I have been using them for some time. What is the differance to use 75W-80 and 75W-90 in the transmission?

A gearbox related question, is there a middle diff on the gtr that have separate oil or is it together with the gearbox? Just relized that I do not know this :confused:

BR, Stefan

·
Registered
358 Posts
The atessa fluid is a nissan approved atf such as this bad boy Fuchs ATF 4400, Fuchs 4400 automatic transmission fluid

You should have a transfer box, this takes the same fluid as I listed above.

Cheers

Guy

Hey,

So "Fuchs ATF 4400, Fuchs 4400 automatic transmission fluid" is the thing to buy for the atessa. Will have to order it to then.
How much do I need for the atessa, 2-3 litres ?

Thanx for all your help!
Best Regards, Stefan

1 - 17 of 17 Posts