GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

As some you know we will be holding a Japukmeets airfield day on Oct the 14th and everyone is invited for FREE!!

We have the BBC filming us doin drifitng and drag racing up the runway.

The day will consist of:

D1 style long drift on to the airfield
Grude match untimed drag racing up the runway(perfect for launch practice)
Wet roundabout drift practice
Any other fun Jap car related things u guys wana do

Altough only 15 cars are allowed on the airstip at once we are inviting as many Jap enthusiasts as would like to come to spectate, have passenger rides in drift cars and get involved with the drag racing for FREE.

Here is a taster of monday's fun:
http://www.btinternet.com/~driftaholic/vids/doricardotcom.wmv

Would u guys help spread the word as we want a nice variety of tastefully modded jap cars for the Beeb to film

get back to me if u would like to come along, we will organize a South Mimms convoy nearer the time.

cheers

Lex

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
tigger said:
yeah......my chest on a tv screen near you soon........sorry, couldnt resist;)
Your chest appears in a photo i took at Boxhill.....you were walking behind Nicks car as i took a photo. :D hehehe.

Daz

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Does sound like a good laugh...but unfortunately i won't be able to go.

Daz

·
Registered
170 Posts
what time is it gonna be ??

wot time????

:smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Turweston free jap airfield day

Hi all,

the response to this has been very good indeed :D

the airfield owners are being a bit stropy and saying we r onloy allowed 25 cars on the airfield :rolleyes:

If people do wana come along, check out the threads on www.japukmeets.co.uk in the discussionboard/forum and register ur interest.

We will ave a south mimms meet and also stop at newport pagnell so that people can jump in participators cars if they cant get on the strip itself beacuse we r looking oversubscibed already

cheers Lex

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Convoy to Free Jap Airfield day

Hi all,

We will be meeting at south mimms leaving at 8am sharp to go to Turweston airfield.

We will pull into Newport pagnell at bout 8.30

If you would like to come along please reply on the japukmeets forum

www.japmobiles.com/japukmeets

so that we know to wait for you.

if ur not on the lists but would like to spectate there are two options for you.

1) Meet us at one the service above and jump in a participators car(im hoping those involved will be a friendly and helpful as usual and take fellow 'Japukmeeters' up there )

2) Meet us at one of the sevices and come along in ur car, u will ave to park just inside the airfild entrance in the morning coz the owner in being a bit stropy , but there is a very good chance that u will get to take ur car on in the afternoon as some people leave

Either way dont be put off by the 25 car limit if ur are serious bout coming along to spectate let us know, im sure u will get some passenger rides in a drift car at least.

Mattpayne,
ive put u down on the list mate. where would u be meeting us?

Lex

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
thanks Lex, might just play till the tyres get a bit iffy, then stop... :) and get some newuns later... :) (im still running dodgy Jap snow tyres!!)

are all the spaces on the field taken? ive a friend who wants to bring his 200sx up... Ive told him that he might have to wait or not get a chance to run...

Just realised this is a monday... doh!! :)
monday rush hour traffic on the M25! :) great fun!

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Brilliant day....naff weather!!! felt like a proper star.....even when being groped by the cameraman when he was allegedly fitting my microphone.....'you know this was last worn by Geri Halliwell'...grope grope....cold hands!!

so then Dirk baby.....what is it like to be beaten by a girl....not once but 3 times!!!!

ha ha!!! later loser:D

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
As I said

last night - B1tch!

Was a great day yesterday at Turweston Airfield with the Dori Drift club. BBC were a bit stroppy all day, PLEASE BE QUIET! was the catchphrase used on every single person about 5 times over, best bit was when we were all lined up on the straight and they were getting a shot of Tigs and a chap had his Civic parked up in the background, the BBC bloke said ' excuse me, can you move THAT '. Made me and Tony giggle at least.

Gave me another chance to dig out the GTS from Garys after a new HKS twin plate was put in and chuck on the trailer and take it up there for a waz round the airfield ( its not sva'd or registered ) , once again proved that drifting is quite hard, well at least its not easy. Gave Kiki from Option a go in it and he got out with a large grin on his face saying ' awesome car sir'.

As Tigs said, she whipped me three times from a standing start in her pocket rocket Pulsar against the might of the GTS, got no traction, just lots of wheel spin, by the time I had stopped spinning in first she was about 3 cars lengths in front of me everytime, caught her up though of course;) She even made a point of slating me on TV as well, hehe. The ultimate insult came later on from the black girl from the BBC, I had been chucking in humour all day and she got her own back when interviewing me and asked with a large grin on her face ' so then, whats it feel like being beaten by a girl?' - fair play to her, caught me off guard! - er em er em. - Doh!

Well done to James again for organising ( Drifto ) , Lex for being Lex and well done to Tigs for making it into TV again, no matter how much we taunted her when she was sitting astride on her bonnet, she wouldnt take the wolley coat off for my extra after BBC photo shoot session titled, 'Dirk's naughty bits' for Men and Motors:) Terribly unfair I say. Well done Lis.

Great day, great company and with a great atmosphere, all beit a little cold and damp. Not sure when its on TV, sure Lex will let us all know, he mentioned 28th October BBC1 before Eastenders apparently but how defo that is who knows, it came from Lex's lips after all, hehe.

Cheers to Tony for giving me a hand with the Marquee etc, didnt need to use it in the end though as it didnt rain although it stayed damp all day.

See you's next time, maybe the GTS will have a new owner by then - someone whom CAN drift a bit more respectfully!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts