GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Sorry to post this here, but is there anyone else out there using Freeserve as an ISP and having MAJOR email trouble ??

I am unable to send any outgoing mail :( and am having terrible trouble recieving emails too :( (although after a time, i have been able to get them in).

This has been happening since monday....anyone got any ideas ?

Cheers in Advance !
Daz

PS How was Brands today ? (for those who went ?).
PPS Still hoping to get to the meet on the 22nd....

·
Registered
1,348 Posts

Daz,

I have been having e-mail trouble this week too, although I am on BT internet.

Probably not realted though, but I dont know enough about this sort of thing to tell.

Lee

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bizarely, on connecting to the net and browsing the messages on here for 20 mins, and then closing IE, i can then recieve emails.

Do the same again a little later and i can then send emails....

Something you're not telling me Joss ??? :D :D :D

Bizarre !

Cheers
Daz

·
Registered
534 Posts
Email

Nothing to do with me mate, though the board can generate large downloads, and so Email has it interleave with the other traffic down your telephone line :(

I have ADSL and so no problem and Email comes through all the time while the board is up :) ... I use outlook BTW for Email

Cheers

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was only jokin' Joss mate :D

Just found it quite amusing that when i'm on the board and then quit i can get my email to start, but if i do anything else i can't get it to go....happened everyday so far this week. SPOOKY !

I expect Freeserve are playing around with their servers / service, but didn't bothered sending out an announcement to let the Customers know.

Ah well.
Cheers
Daz

·
Registered
225 Posts
basically the smtp and pop3 servers used by freeserve came free with a box of crackers!
They are up and down like a newlyweds nightie

PS Brands Hatch was the business!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts