GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I am considering a Skyline GTR R33 for my next car but hardly know anything about them (that's why I'm here). My only Skyline experience so far has been sitting in one that was parked while chatting to the owner for a while.

Are there often any friendly unofficial gatherings I could pop along to in my (ahem) non-Skyline so that I could learn more about them? I'm especially interested in tuning options, how much it costs to get how far, what the handling is like, drivability, etc.

If any of you with tuned ones would like to show someone else how fast your car goes then far be it from me to refuse a passenger ride :smokin:

Is that too cheeky? I hope not, wasn't meant to be :rolleyes:

For what it's worth, I live in Camberley, Surrey. Anything within 100 miles or so for a casual meet would be fine.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Go to Trax at Silverstone this sunday...I will be there and so will a few other Skylines.I am not going on the track but I am sure someone will,not sure if you are allowed passengers on the track though.

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Trax

I will be there. Nick Welch, Mike Smith and Kev Sarson will be there with GTR R33's on 200plus stand. Also Abbey Motorsport should be there. I sat and had a good chat with Tony last year. Tony and Mark know a lot more about skylines than we do;)
Dave
p.s. no passengers allowed on track:(

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Kingsley. Interesting website.
Is your surname really Tart:D
Nice hair btw, you couldn't lend me a bit could you:D
Let us know if you are going to Trax:)

·
Registered
498 Posts
Dave....
I joined the 200plus club the other week.To late for the cheap entry tickets so I have to pay £15 at the gate...
Not to keen on the early start,luckily I am only about an hour away so I should be there around 8:30.
Don`t know if you will remember but my mate who was with me at billing got his Skyline last week.He went for an R33 Gtr in the end...

·
Registered
312 Posts
TRAXX!

Dave & Guys,

The Big Power R32 will be making an appearance!!

I will be parked next to a rather tasty Red Supra, and a grey Sunny GtiR both from the North East..

Wonder if i can get 200 mph on hanger straight??:p

Stu

·
Registered
492 Posts
I'll give you the low down...

I'm based in Chiswick, West London and I've been through the mill from cradle to grave when it comes to tuning Skylines. I'd be happy to show you around. Alternativily, why don't you pop along to the French Horn in Gerrards Cross this Wednesday evening and meet a bunch of us there. My number is 07808 936776 if you want to give me a call.

Rupert

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
davewilkins said:
Kingsley. Interesting website.
Is your surname really Tart
:D
Web site - one does one's best ...
Surname - Fraid so! Still, it makes for some very interesting anagrams ;)
Nice hair btw, you couldn't lend me a bit could you:D
I might have some in my hairbrush if you want. Shall I bring it with me on Sunday? :smokin:
Let us know if you are going to Trax:)
I wasn't going to because of work but I've managed to swap some cover (I'm on call this week). It would be good to meet you lot and also to find out some more about the cars.

If Chris's offer of a lift still stands then that is probably how I will arrive.

_Chris_ - you have mail.

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Kingsley, look forward to meeting. Will knit a little wig to fit on top:D
Stu, about time your car appeared.
Everyone else, it is nice to see everyone being so friendly to a newcomer.
Looking forward to Sunday, just hope the weather's ok although if it pi55es it down, it will make the antics on the track more exciting. I remember the corvette owners last year. You knew what was coming :D

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Snap, sounds like Kingsley and I are twins, that is:

- thinking about a GTR R33
- want to learn more
- heading to Trax (but from London - which I gather is a hike)
- but without the hair...

hope to meet you all there

Harry

1 - 15 of 15 Posts