GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, got myself this over the weekend as a project and finding nice rust patches as I go :mad: don’t think I got it at a bad price £1000, the major things it needs as I can see is

Front window
Drive shafts
Back steering
diff
Engine
Abs
Front wing
Front slam plate where bumper fits to
Front seats
Prob wiring

I will need prob a lot of help as I go so if you could bear with me, main thing fist is to get the body work all okay then move onto the wheels rebuilding the sub frames.
The boot floor has had it in the wheel well and am wondering what to do. As anyone ever cut this out and put a flat plate on ? If so do you have any pictures so I could see where you cut it to?

Do you thick 1000 is a good price for what I have?

·
Registered
945 Posts
Hi markr32gtr,

Wow, your a brave man, with a lot of work in front of you, just scanned through your photos and I think the list of parts needed is a lot longer than the one you've posted, but all the best with the rebuild, hope every thing comes together for you, 32's are awesome and well worth the effort, good look.

·
Vendor
12,681 Posts
we have loads of R32 parts on the shelf mate and would be happy to help you with your project.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks dave, will get this rust sorted out then see where we are with things. i did have a gray one but ended up selling it, wish i never did

If anyone wants to put a list down what they can see is missing, would help me out

Took the tank off today and the side splats to see what the rest of the arch is like and its not good lol. All the under side it ok just the boot and back archers. Still thinking of the flat boot floor

·
Registered
945 Posts
Hi markr32gtr,

Has the boot floor actually rusted through, the pictures are a bit dark, but it doesn't look that bad from underneath, why not give it a good clean up and see what the real extent of the damage is, it's only my opinion, but I'd definitely be trying to keep it, rather than cut it out.

Kev.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the side bit is okay but the inside as gone all the way in places its more where the hole is at the back, will see what i can do first

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
anyone know what the ones on the left are off ? was told they would fit but the shock mount is different to the 32 one on the right

are these brakes of a r32 as i was gave discs as well but the back is a 5 stud disc but on the car its a 4 stud ?

·
Registered
26,783 Posts
id not bother restoring that buddy

£1k is well over what id say its worth

:(

the parts you need / body work is not really worth it (in my opinion)

id find another project

that seems at the end of its life.

·
Registered
591 Posts

id find another project

Bollocks to that, spend 7k restoring it and you'll end up with a tidy car worth more than it owes you! 1k for that much of a car is a great start when it comes to these, matty only deals with pristine cars (and he really does find some beauties!) So anything like this he'd walk away from. If you've got the ability and desire then crack on and breathe some life back into it, please don't let it end up as another one on the scrap heap!

(just my humble opinion, before anyone jumps down my throat)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the main things what made me think its worth 1k is it came with a lot of parts as well like the other brakes discs calipers side skirts gtr gearbox for this car front sump pan with the diff on, thats for sale if anyone is wanting one.
if you have a look at this one

Skyline R32 GTR Shell with paperwork V5C Front Rear Clip Slam Quarter Panel [email protected]@K | eBay

i was ringing these to see what they would do, the price what its up for is just a shell with nothing on it, for a rolling shell what i thought would be with panels is 2k but then they still said thats just for a shell with nothing on, that to me is taking the rip.
Soon when there 20 years old Canada can start importing them into there country and have been told that***8217;s going to take the import price up and the price or the car

·
Registered
945 Posts
Hi mate,

When someone starts a new project I like to be positive and wish them well, but you're making it so hard to do that, maybe that's why there isn't to many replies to your thread at the moment, you've been a member since 2008, but yet you don't appear to have a clue about GTR's, your on a forum which is basically the GTR bible, if you can't find the information you require on here it doesn't exist, it's like your last statement "soon when there (they're) 20 years old".... the GTR is celebrating it's 25th anniversary this year.

You asked what the two uprights are off, they're R32 GTR one's, no idea what the one on the right is from, maybe a 200 sx, you asked about the brakes and callipers that came with the car, saying that yours was 4 stud, yet put a photo of your front hubs, which are clearly 5 stud, all GTR's are 5x114.3 stud pattern (PCD).

I am really sorry for going off on one, but please, take a couple of hours and have a read through some of the threads, the wealth of information is immense, and the knowledge you can gain, priceless.

Again, my apologise for the rant, no offence intended and all the best with your project, but this is where I get off the bus, good look mate.

Regards Kev.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its okay. With the 20 year thing it was the bloke who is selling the shell on the link I put up so that tells me he was trying to push me to buy it.
As with the 4 stud I ment to say they are on the back, after looking up on it the last owner as put different uprights and shocks on from what they should be and it makes you think when the back is 4 stud and the front 5.

As knowing about the gtr***8217;s I know a bit but not a lot it doesn***8217;t help when someone as put all different things on what shouldn***8217;t be on the car. I started this up so I could possibly get a bit of help when needed. I did a rebuild on a Subaru type r I had but that was okay because everything was there, with this, this bits missing bits from other cars its just trying to know what should be on when you have never seen it before.

Bet some of you think, your mad not knowing much and starting a project in that worse of a condition, I love a challenge

·
Registered
359 Posts
Hello mark nice to see you back in an R32....ish. If u need to look around my car for a parts shopping list then you're more than welcome.

Graham

·
Registered
591 Posts
Your third picture in post 7 shows they're 5 stud hubs but one stud is missing mate (although that looks like the front brakes, rather than the back to me!)

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Have to agree with matty on this one, I dont think 7k will be anywhere near enough to sort this car out!

id find another project

·
Registered
892 Posts
its costing me close on £2000 on just suspension ...poly bushes, bearings, ball joints
all for standard arms thats not inc. main subframe bushes

but can't see the point on putting the old ones back on shiny newly powder coated arms

Nigel:thumbsup:

·
Registered
359 Posts
I say go for it mate, it's clearly not going to happen over night but it'll be worth it, starting from the ground up means you can get it all as you want it. If it cost 7k plus the so be it, atleast you can say you built it and saved another 32 from the scrappy!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Just to point out, I pulled 7k out of the air rather than costing it all up - if it costs you 15k to build your dream car and you're planning on keeping it rather than selling to make a quick return then it's still worth it in my eyes! People get too hung up on the money side, there's plenty of emotional investment in a project like this too and the feeling you get when you're driving it at the end isn't something you can put a price on.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Just to point out, I pulled 7k out of the air rather than costing it all up - if it costs you 15k to build your dream car and you're planning on keeping it rather than selling to make a quick return then it's still worth it in my eyes! People get too hung up on the money side, there's plenty of emotional investment in a project like this too and the feeling you get when you're driving it at the end isn't something you can put a price on.
Exactly that mate, money shouldn't reay come into it when building any form of Gtr tbh, there's plenty of small budget projects out there to be had. If I had the time/space I'd love a big project like this.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for your opinions, this will be a car I will be keeping till I go, I want a car what not many have got and you don***8217;t see many. If it costs a lot to get it sorted then that***8217;s okay it will be something have built from nearly nothing, am buying second hand things but having them shot blasted and painted and just getting all new ball joints and bushes.

Have sorted out whats going on with the back hubs, the arms are right but it needs the uprights fitting what***8217;s in the pic at the start and new hubs to put in, in pic 7 they is a bolt missing out the front but someone as put different uprights and hub on the back .

What would your opinions be on how to sort the back arch out ?
I want to get two proper metal archers to fit on but then I have seen some fibreglass ones, cut the old out and fit them on would be saving weight as well but to me seems cheap and tacky

1 - 20 of 34 Posts