GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I´m planing to give my engine(rb25det) a bit of a change this winter.
My plans are Tomei cams and in the same time convert to solid lifters,I want to be able to climb in the rpm register,hydralic are no friends of rpm:s over 7500 for a long time...so I´ve heard.

My question then,is there anything else I need to change/have in mind??

I will be using new valves,springs,lifters and cams that are made for the "solid" use.

Pardon my english,I´m from Sweden :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Why not buy an RB25det Neo. Already solid lifters, heads are better designed to flow more, can use the vct for low down torque, etc, etc. Pretty good place to start, why try and re-invent the wheel when the factory has already done it.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
No, if you buy and fit all matching Tomei bits it's straightforward. Problems start when people try and mix `n` match valve train bits. You don't know of any totally rust free 242 Volvo shells do you? :)

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
I agree its the way to go if your buying a new engine to start with but maybe he doesn't want to have to do mods to make it suit his car and then change all his intake manifold etc.

OP, is your motor stock now or do you already have an aftermarket intake etc?

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
I saw his problem as wanting "wilder" than stock cam profiles, for more peak power / higher RPM headroom, so even if he bought a Neo he'd still be needing to buy new cams for it, at the very least. Anyway, never mind that, about this Volvo 242 shell.... ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My engine is pretty stock on the inside right now,but I have replaced just about everything around the engine...so I just need some "real" parts inside :)

The last two seasons I have put out 440 "crank hp",but I need to do something serious at the engine now,my Turbonetics turbo need more flow.

What I can make from this is that I don´t need to make any other changes than to buy the right parts an put it together...

Thank you for the answers!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts