GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So s the title says, I currently have an R34 GTT, had it two years and absolutely love it. However, I feel time for a change but I still want a skyline. I cant afford a R34 GTR just yet but was thinking of buying an R32 GTR and having a play for a year or two before getting an R34 GTR.

Opinions and feedback would be much appreciated :)

·
Premium Member
1,650 Posts
If its an BNR34 GT-R that you ultimately want, Stick with the R34 GTT for now and save the pennies until you can buy you're dream Skyline!

Going for an R32 GT-R right now because you can afford one can only lead to disappointment IMHO....

JM2PW!:)

·
Registered
468 Posts
If you can afford a R32 GTR I would buy one as It will hold its value much better then a GTT. Any GTR kept well is a good investment especially the 32 and the 34. I'm not knocking the GTT in anyway but you cannot beat a GTR. I have a R34 GTR which I love, but recently I was taken around a track in a R32 GTR and it was a lot more capable then mine.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If its an BNR34 GT-R that you ultimately want, Stick with the R34 GTT for now and save the pennies until you can buy you're dream Skyline!

Going for an R32 GT-R right now because you can afford one can only lead to disappointment IMHO....

JM2PW!:)
I know what you mean but kind of feel it is time for a change and the fact im making excuses to you kind of tells me I should just do it haha.

I guess the GTR will cost a little more to run, plan would be just get it making a nice noise, keep it stock and it will hold its value so when I come to sell it I shouldn't lose out.

Any GTR over a GTT is the right choice, not much more to say :p
Haha ;) GTR does have that ring to it

If you can afford a R32 GTR I would buy one as It will hold its value much better then a GTT. Any GTR kept well is a good investment especially the 32 and the 34. I'm not knocking the GTT in anyway but you cannot beat a GTR. I have a R34 GTR which I love, but recently I was taken around a track in a R32 GTR and it was a lot more capable then mine.
Holding its value was one of the things that attracted me to it, plus getting a feel of a AWD twin turbo before the R34 is purchased. I understand what you mean, the GTT is fantastic for a rwd single turbo car but after two years of ownership I feel something is missing and although it looks perfect in my eyes I don't want to start fetling with the engine when I can just buy a GTR.

Its interesting to hear that the R32 was more capable than your R34, maybe down to mods or just the car?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
All GTR's (32,33,34) will behave very similar to a rear wheel drive car. In a straight line if the rears lose traction you will have some percentage of drive put to the front. In a corner however, is a different story and depending on the severity of the G the car mostly remains RWD.

One of the reasons some cars end up around a tree near a roundabout......lack of knowledge of the car they're driving.

Just so you know

·
Registered
6,832 Posts
you will be unimpressed with a std gtr over a gtt..trust me
I disagree there mate.

Having over 500 BHP in my old 33 was great but the R32 covers the road so well and has a different way it delivers the power, I'd say it's almost as fast stage 1 on the road in real conditions.

On the track however though....

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
true trev. but he is on about a std gtr not stage one.you are right what you say but the way the gtst and gtt come on boost is miles ahead of a std twin turbo..

·
Registered
824 Posts
Go for the R32 mate you wont regret it .I have one as well as my r34 GTR nur R1 & prefer my 32 to my 34 in every way ,much much better car to me the 32

·
Registered
325 Posts
At the end of the day it's your money.
No way would I go from a stock 34 GTT to a stock 32 GTR, backwards unless you have deep pockets.
And if you have deep pockets, just go for the 34 GTR.

·
Registered
6,832 Posts
At the end of the day it's your money.
No way would I go from a stock 34 GTT to a stock 32 GTR, backwards unless you have deep pockets.
And if you have deep pockets, just go for the 34 GTR.
Can you please explain how going from a GTT to a GTR is a backwards step?

R32 GTR is a classic car and the GTT will never be that, sorry, as great a car as it is, it's not a GTR.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Stock V's stock, there's no comparison.
Once you add $$$ for modifications it becomes a different story.
The OP seemed to me more interested in a performance vehicle rather than a dead stock example as a garage queen.
As a stock performance vehicle, the GTT wins in my opinion, you have over 100kg weight advantage before you even turn the key.
I own a dead stock 32 GTR BTW.

·
Registered
325 Posts
My 32 GTR is 1500kg.
My 33 GTSt is 1390kg.
I doubt Nissan threw 100kg of extras onto the 34 GTt, but I may be mistaken.
It's the OP's money.
Anyone who's driven the 25det Neo with VVt etc needs no convincing, it's a generation ahead whilst using the various "good" Rb26 bits internally.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Imo if you buy a modded R32 GTR you will loose next to nothing on it in a few years when you come to sell it, stock or not. As long as you keep it in one piece :p

So i think buy a R32 GTR with some extra power behind it & you won't regret it, im saying this as i can't compare to a stock one as havn't drivin one unfortunatly :(

Also note:

R32 GTR = 1,430 kg
R34 GT-T = 1,410 kg

·
Registered
127 Posts
Buy the R32. But you'll never keep it stock (that's if you can find a stock one). You don't need to spend megabucks to see some big improvements, so the temptation will always be there!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Imo if you buy a modded R32 GTR you will loose next to nothing on it in a few years when you come to sell it, stock or not. As long as you keep it in one piece :p

So i think buy a R32 GTR with some extra power behind it & you won't regret it, im saying this as i can't compare to a stock one as havn't drivin one unfortunatly :(

Also note:

R32 GTR = 1,430 kg
R34 GT-T = 1,410 kg
the r34 gtt i know off weight more one was 1450kg with manual gearbox other was 1460 with triptronic box.

Also im fairly sure that the Zenki r32's are 1470 ot 1480 kg and chuuki en kouki around 1530 kg

·
Premium Member
1,650 Posts
Coughs very loudly!!!:chuckle:

R32 GTR = 1,430 kg
R34 GT-T = 1,410 kg
the r34 gtt i know off weight more one was 1450kg with manual gearbox other was 1460 with triptronic box.

Also im fairly sure that the Zenki r32's are 1470 ot 1480 kg and chuuki en kouki around 1530 kg
I wouldn't take too seriously what Nissan claims as our vehicle(s) weights as Gospel folks because I've personally measured my own BCNR33 Import twice now on two different calibrated scales and its 1650kgs real World result with a full tank of Super Unleaded is way higher than the 1520kgs claimed for a Standard GT-R of my motors vintage....:rolleyes:

HTH!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Coughs very loudly!!!:chuckle:

I wouldn't take too seriously what Nissan claims as our vehicle(s) weights as Gospel folks because I've personally measured my own BCNR33 Import twice now on two different calibrated scales and its 1650kgs real World result with a full tank of Super Unleaded is way higher than the 1520kgs claimed for a Standard GT-R of my motors vintage....:rolleyes:

HTH!
Yeah those weights would clearly be without the 72 Litres of fuel so that’s 72kgs straight away to add plus driver & mods :p but point being theres next to nothing in difference in weight between the two.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts