1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Litchfield Stage 2 R35 GTR
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These came up as an advisory on the pre delivery MOT:

Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories):
  • Nearside Front Brake pipe corroded, covered in grease or other material body to flexy slightly corroded (1.1.11 (c))
  • Offside Front Brake pipe corroded, covered in grease or other material body to flexy slightly corroded (1.1.11 (c))
Are these a relatively inexpensive item to replace? I'm sure, being an advisory that it's not that bad, but want to get an idea as to whether I have any bargaining room if they're pricey.

Many thanks

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
If these are the "change every 5 years" brake hoses it's worth moving to braided hoses. Thesr are about £100-£150 plus fitting and brake fluid change etc. I reckon about £250-300 would be a safe estimate.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If these are the "change every 5 years" brake hoses it's worth moving to braided hoses. Thesr are about £100-£150 plus fitting and brake fluid change etc. I reckon about £250-300 would be a safe estimate.
To be fair that’s not bad & if it’s part of the service schedule then I’ll not worry & just get it done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
Yep, replacements from Goodridge, HEL and Pro-Line are readily available, all the tuners will have them.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, replacements from Goodridge, HEL and Pro-Line are readily available, all the tuners will have them.
Any preference in the community? Had HEL ones on my track car.

I’ll do some reading

·
Vendor
2,783 Posts
Change the small brake pipes around the strut as these corrode bad and then use braided lines with dry breaks.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Change the small brake pipes around the strut as these corrode bad and then use braided lines with dry breaks.
Problem solved as they won’t release the car with advisories on an MOT so they’re being replaced

1 - 7 of 7 Posts