GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, had an absolute mare bolting my calipers back on tonight. The small middle bolt snapped inside the hub as I was doing it up. Didn’t get anywhere near the torque value so didn’t over tighten it, must’ve damaged/stretched it as I removed it.

Annoyingly changing my disc and pads are going to have to be the job for a professional now as i won’t be able to fully remove the caliper on my driveway to retrieve the snapped bolt. Hoping

In the meantime does anyone know the part number to replace said bolt? Has this happened to anyone else?

Cheers
Iain

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I’ll have a look! Serves me right for thinking I’m a mechanic!

Cheers
Iain

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It Might be worth posting your town or rough area when you are In case a forum member can come to your rescue.
Thanks bud, I’m in Aberdeen. I’ve reassembled but assuming the car is driveway bound now until I can get it to a garage.

Does anyone know the purpose of the centre bolt on the caliper? Am I ok to limp the car to a garage or is driving it without it a no go.

Cheers

iain

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
I don't know about the purpose of that bolt (and whether can drive without it etc) but if you need the part quickly, try Nissangenuine - they are UK based and source new Nissan parts. As its a small part they may have in stock already and/or be able to get one to you ASAP via first class post? Worth a call. You can price it up on their website using the part code in the search facility. Normally slightly below Nissan dealer prices and they post quickly.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Sknam, I have been trying to source the part so this is really useful info.
Cheers
Iain

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Interesting, almost the exact same post as mine! Sounds like it’s going to be a bugger to sort :rolleyes: but not a risk to drive in the meantime. Thanks again
Iain

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haven’t got one ordered yet. I’ve been absolutely flat out with work this week. Figured out the part number thanks to SKNAM though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mechanic friend removed the broken bolt and could confirm it was an absolute bugger to get out! He ended up drilling it out and helicoiling it.

I would recommend only using a spanner on it if you’re tackling this yourself. It’s far too flimsy for to take any torque from a wrench.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Next question folks... I’ve bought the goodridge braided hose kit to replace my standard hoses. Do these also replace the hard lines as well as the flexi to the caliper?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, the goodridge ones appear to have two for the front with a solid block junction thing to connect the two. I can’t seem to find any info online though. Reason I’m interested as we have damaged one of the OE hardpipes up stream of the flexi and I won’t replace it if I don’t have to.
Cheers
Iain

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I haven’t seen it in person yet but I think it’s the little hard pipe piece that’s in front of the flexible hose to the caliper.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts