GTR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got any more details on the nismo front diff?

I remember a thread not so long ago with Adam, of course, as the protagonist in a discussion of the various diff technologies, and why a standard diff wouldn't do the job.

I would like to upgrade mine and going the same route as the nismo seems an obvious starting point.

Or do we think we will have to wait for the customer cars to be delivered and a kind and brave soul allowing Litchfield to have a look.

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
Was it me? Doesn't sound like a topic I'd contribute to.

You want to look up Vernon Jones. He had a quaife fitted and loves the results. He's a pretty handy driver too.

The quaife wouldn't be my choice as it requires a torque reaction in order to redistribute torque to the opposite wheel. If you lift an inside front wheel, the quaife has no locking power to bring the otherside in to play so it may as well be an open diff.

My preference would be a wavetrac diff which has all the pros and none of the cons of the quaife, but they didn't make one for the gtr when I last checked. Maybe they do now.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
any updates? i too am wondering more info about this new nismo carbon front and rear diffs. i noticed nordring are offering a rear diff now but no front (at least not yet).

all the front diffs sofar dont really work all time and are not made for big power sadly.

interesting info on the quaife Adam!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts