GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front pads and discs need changing soon. I have read a few horror stories about the dixcels so wont be touching them :eek:

Just need fronts at present and will be occasional track use and normal road use.

Any suggestions before I begin my search for the best price.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I have Ferodo DS2500's ready go to on mine - I'll be changing pads front and rear. I'll be ordering front grooved AP's shortly.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I'm using AP J hooks with Carbotech XP12 pads. Great combination but the pads are a bit noisy to be honest.

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
I'm on AP slotted discs - great no problems and using carbotech XP8 pads, the pads work great with occassional track use but squeal like a pig in a vice on the road. To the point of embarassment. will not be buying again.

Next stop for me are Pagids - not heard any bad things about them tbh apart from the price but............... the lifespan compensates for that.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I have used Carbotech pads for years and they are very very good but can be a little noisey.

The Pagid pad is quite good but lacks initial bite.

When mine come to changing next I think I will be going XP10, combined with possibly the Alcon 400mm discs.

If you need any costs let me know :)

·
Premium Member
3,353 Posts
AP discs, buy from Circuit Supplies, contact is Tim 01525385888.
Pagid pads, buy from Jamie at Evotune, trader on here.

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cheers all. I will give traders a chance, expecially indigo as they are local.

Just need to firm up my choice, definately wont be using the carbotech pads lol Been there and it is embarassing

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
I'm on AP slotted discs - great no problems and using carbotech XP8 pads, the pads work great with occassional track use but squeal like a pig in a vice on the road. To the point of embarassment. will not be buying again.

Next stop for me are Pagids - not heard any bad things about them tbh apart from the price but............... the lifespan compensates for that.
Same combo as me - Carbo nightmare noisy and not great feel. Will be going to Ferodo as mainly fast road and they ok for odd AsdsaDay or TOTB. Plus if you ruin them they are not crazy GTR tax expensive.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I'm going Ferrodo DS2500 too, but have seen some threads on the net suggesting they aren't actually road legal and could invalidate an insurance claim, scare mongering I know but any thoughts?

·
Registered
723 Posts
I've been using PF slotted discs and PF 08 pads for 3 weeks...
Good combination till now, but haven't tried them really hard yet...
Hope they won't dissapoint me

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
People say nothing about Alcon 396 mm discs with Pagid RS29. In my opinion the best combo what you can get for GTR.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts