GTR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..had new front pads on my 2010 car 6 months ago.. it looks like discs need replacing now.. should I go with full set of new discs and pads or get the current pads refaced?... any advice would be welcome.. Those pads ain't cheap!...

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Standard disks dont last long when used with aftermarket pads, or pushed hard (e.g. on a track).

Deffo upgrade the disks to aftermarket ones. AP do slotted and J hooks and alcon do 380 and 400mm.

I have the AP slotted which are quiet, well behaved and last. I run these with Pagid RS29 pads which are ace.

If you in a position to move quickly, there is a group buy on for the pads but also good disk costs too - check out the group buy thread in the main R35 section, it's via Evotune. The only other thing you might want to consider is braided lines as these supposedly need changing as part of a service you are due soon.

How do you tend to use your car?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
... have standard Nissan gear all around.. due to timing need to get it sorted tomorrow at a Nissan dealership... since pads only have 4 thousand (not track day miles) on them was considering a reface but may well end up with new pads and discs...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts