GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a carbon intake/grille and a NISMO style front splitter fitted today.

Fitment courtesy of the good lads at ACSpeedtech. First time the front bumper had been off since manufacture and Andy said most of the captive nuts and half of the plastic rivet type fasteners were shot! Fitting time and additional parts to replace were a little more than first expected but reassuring to know that the splitter is VERY well secured!

In addition (in advance) I had to buy the three vertical mounting struts (these too were ready for the scrap pile) from Nissan - a "snip" at £51.00 + VAT - EACH!

Parts were supplied by 4SRC - the quality of the carbon is first class. The front splitter is a full new undertray and comes complete with ducted vents to front discs.

Also had the NISMO style red striping applied (by 4SRC) all round on sideskirts and lower edge of rear diffuser just to give some added definition.

Am very pleased with the outcome (other opinions ARE allowed!).

David

·
Premium Member
5,838 Posts
Had a carbon intake/grille and a NISMO style front splitter fitted today.

Fitment courtesy of the good lads at ACSpeedtech. First time the front bumper had been off since manufacture and Andy said most of the captive nuts and half of the plastic rivet type fasteners were shot! Fitting time and additional parts to replace were a little more than first expected but reassuring to know that the splitter is VERY well secured!

In addition (in advance) I had to buy the three vertical mounting struts (these too were ready for the scrap pile) from Nissan - a "snip" at £51.00 + VAT - EACH!

Parts were supplied by 4SRC - the quality of the carbon is first class. The front splitter is a full new undertray and comes complete with ducted vents to front discs.

Also had the NISMO style red striping applied (by 4SRC) all round on sideskirts and lower edge of rear diffuser just to give some added definition.

Am very pleased with the outcome (other opinions ARE allowed!).

David

looks ace bud!!

2 issues tho -

1- number plate says R25? Shouldnt it be R35? :p
2 - number plate says Mclaren on it, booo hiss! haha

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks ace bud!!

2 issues tho -

1- number plate says R25? Shouldnt it be R35? :p
2 - number plate says Mclaren on it, booo hiss! haha
My other plate is R5 and I really wanted R55 but neither that nor R35 were available!

Long time supporter of McLaren - even when they were rock bottom - and despite their current CEO...!

Thanks for your kind words on the latest mods.

David

1 - 3 of 3 Posts