GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the MY09 two weeks ago (loving it) but kinda thought the road noise was quite high.
This is my first performance car, only had deisels before & fast bikes, so just thought its the wide tyres.
Curiousity got the better of me so I decided to lift each wheel and check the bearings for play, nearside front has movement. This is 36K miles (about 500 after I bought it).

I spoke to the ever helpfull Amah :))) at SVM and he listed Bennetts or CES for the new hubs.
They can both get them in next day for around £164+vat, just thought others may find it usefull.

Also is it common to have them fail by 36k miles & am I right in assuming I can't buy the bearings themselves, it has to be the whole hub assembly?

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Could be the last owner used to bump up and down kurbs knock out bearings as well as outter drive shafts,

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Possibly but I kinda thought (hoped) Max was a bit more carefull than that!

Oh well no worries, I was unsure if it was a common issue.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Definitely not been jumping any kerbs!
(Could). Was at the beginning of my post,, pot holes and such like knock out tracking , ball joint , wheel bearings , bushes, it's not always manufactures bad components ,
Regards Goldie

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
New hub arrived yesterday, installed it today, had a test drive tonight (managed to avoide McDonalds). Boy! these cars are actually quite quiet :smokin:

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well spotted sir. The 'Drift King' won't see it though as he's far to wrapped up in the other thread :runaway:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts