GTR Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Vendor
474 Posts
Cheers Nick, will reply to that.

...Agree that you should check the ball joints, we've changed a fair few of those, normally though if the car has been kerbed badly or had an 'incident' :) they peen the ball joint outer race over and will have a heavy self-centering feel to the steering

Andy

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
i have spherical solid bushes and feels mint... cheaper also ;)

not fantastic for comfort but who cares

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
...Agree that you should check the ball joints, we've changed a fair few of those, normally though if the car has been kerbed badly or had an 'incident' :) they peen the ball joint outer race over and will have a heavy self-centering feel to the steering

Andy
Are the ball joints available separately to replace though?

·
Vendor
474 Posts
Are the ball joints available separately to replace though?
Unfortunately not, they're a single piece item. I would say there may be a way (like the Porsche ones) to remove the stock ball joint, insert a collar and fit an aftermarket one... But as yet not done it.

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
hi all,

had an inspection carried out on my car, and the mechanic pointed out the bushes on the front lower wishbones, are very worn. The ones at the back.

However, according to his purchase system, you can only buy the complete arms @ £549.99 each ! and I need two, plus labour..
which seems ridiculous.

my question is - does anyone sell these bushes separately, or are there any after market ones available ?

thanks

Nick
Is this the front control arms?

If so, i have a pair for sale from my15 GTR

21 - 25 of 25 Posts