GTR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, I've bought an front mounted intercooler for my R33 GTS-T.
How do i get over the problem of the white being in the way of the piping??
Do you trim the blades or is there a different fan i could buy??

Any advice would be a great help!

Dave..

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
I know some people trim the blades (i think its just a corner off), I have also seen them where the pipe feeds back across the front of the car just above the cooler (lots of long pipes) Im going to try and do mine over the fan without trimming the blade, Im not exactly sure how yet but the pipework will be very snug under the bonnet im sure.

What about putting spacers behind the fan hub to move it closer to the radiator ? Its one of the things I considered too.

I suppose you culd fit a smaller fan, But I wouldnt.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx for your reply.
It doesn't look like the pipe can fit with the fan as it is because the pipe that runs over the fan has a bracket on it which fits the side of the engine.

will trimming the fan affect the performance too much??

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
If you just cut the corners off im sure it wont have very much effect on the performance of the fan, But it might effect the balance if its not done perfectly evenly on each blade... If it where me, I would make a small cardboard template to mark the blades and make sure they are all even.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.