GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I know this subject has come up before (sorry) but my December car is getting close :D and my HPC says they will only offer a rear parking sensor option?!

I know and have seen some front sensors on R35's and was wondering who has had them fitted and was it you HPC or someone else that did the work?! You'd think they'd want the business, I'm baffled! Mind you they wont fit a y pipe either so....................all very silly!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I know at least one of the HPC's won't fit front sensors as they have been known to be blown back through into the bumper/rads at high speed!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Front sensors are not an official option for the reason pippyrips states.

Litchfields will fit them however, and you can have front and rears for the same money that an HPC charges for just the rear!

D

·
Registered
37 Posts
We wont fit them here as Nissan's official line is as pippyrips said they may blow back into the bumper. Before they changed there mind however the standard KE512-99900 FPS kit would fit the car

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Front sensors are not an official option for the reason pippyrips states.

Litchfields will fit them however, and you can have front and rears for the same money that an HPC charges for just the rear!

D
Thanks for your help. I have called Litchfields and they are such nice chaps. You're spot on, they will do both sensors and reckon the front ones will only hit the rad if I hit the car in front very hard first!

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Guys in the US have been buying a British product and fitting them with no problems: No Holes Parking Sensor | Parking Dynamics Reverse Sensor

I think we orignally heard there was too much metal in the rear bumper for these to work properly, but the front ones certainly seem to and no unsightly carbuncles on your bumper!

Much cheaper than a front camera and they even seem to claim it picks up kerbs, i.e. low objects which is what you really want to avoid with our spoilers.

Thread on NAGTROC here: Never Hit Your Front Spoiler On A Parking Curb - NAGTROC - The Nissan GT-R Owners Club

In fact I think I'll fit one when I fit a new front splitter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts