GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fancied a launch off from the lights the otherday, best id ever done in fact, against my friends mini s, just to put him in his place. Or so i thought. He jumped the lights so i let him have it. first gear fine, quick change into second, noticed the front torque meter was high for a while then CLUNK. Propshaft hanging off.

I know these are weak and was considering upgrading it. However i dont want this to put strain elswhere where it could be a more expensive faliure.
The car is around 400bhp what should i do?

Someone suggested a second hand one as they are often fine. what do you guys think?

Advice will be much appreciated

·
Vendor
12,722 Posts
Fancied a launch off from the lights the otherday, best id ever done in fact, against my friends mini s, just to put him in his place. Or so i thought. He jumped the lights so i let him have it. first gear fine, quick change into second, noticed the front torque meter was high for a while then CLUNK. Propshaft hanging off.

I know these are weak and was considering upgrading it. However i dont want this to put strain elswhere where it could be a more expensive faliure.
The car is around 400bhp what should i do?

Someone suggested a second hand one as they are often fine. what do you guys think?

Advice will be much appreciated
I have a front prop if you need one:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
a secondhand one in good condtion should be fine ..
there must have been a problem with yours.. loads of people me included run far more than 400hp with no problems on standard front props ..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.