GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D I always reverse in to parking spaces...except for yesterday :bawling:

The grinding noise the splitter makes as it drags over a kerb and then the same noise when you have to reverse back off the kerb is just great, isn't it?

Anyway from the looks of it, its only the protective tape/flim thats been chewed up - according to the HPC the tape for the bottom of the splitter is a bargain £90 + VAT (inc GTR Tax) - still cheaper than a new splitter :thumbsup:

Has anyone else done this? If so, how did you go about fixing it?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
All this "GTR-Tax" prices are really :puke:

90GBP for a bit of clear tape...:lamer:

·
Registered
28 Posts
bazza g, i removed my clear film very early on prefering to have the front splitter repaint annually, cost is about £120, that bit of tape protects zero:lamer:

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks - might just remove the tape and see how it looks. Does it not protect the splitter at all? I was wondering if without it the damage might have been worse...

·
Registered
300 Posts
your pic is a bit weird no ?

mine went away in very small grey particles no white at all

·
Registered
167 Posts
Bazza G

Having done exactly the same myself, turning out of a dipped car park into a raise road - caught the corner. Looks exactly the same as your picture.

- what did you do in the end ?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi Bazza
I agree with nissan nige, get the damage refinished once a year as it's almost impossible to avoid damage if you use your car daily like I do.What with speed humps traffic calming measures car park ramps etc you are bound to do it again and again or alternatively don't drive the car,that would defo work.:)
It still make me feel sick every time it happens though and I'm as careful as poss but still get caught out.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Happened to me couple of times too. 1st time I had Nissan repair it when the car was for service anyway. A week later I repeated it. Sucks but nothing you can do. Hope I will have the Stillen front splitter next March which should sort this issue.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Did that within the first month - I pulled the tape off as it looked crap anyway.

Been fine since and she will 7 months old in 19 days.

Kp

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bazza G

Having done exactly the same myself, turning out of a dipped car park into a raise road - caught the corner. Looks exactly the same as your picture.

- what did you do in the end ?
When it went in for its 6k service at Bournemouth we looked at it and decided it would be fine and just cut away the damaged section of tape, you can't see anything unless you get down on your hands and knees to look under it - I'd rather spend £90 on v-Power than some more splitter tape! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
When it went in for its 6k service at Bournemouth we looked at it and decided it would be fine and just cut away the damaged section of tape, you can't see anything unless you get down on your hands and knees to look under it - I'd rather spend £90 on v-Power than some more splitter tape! :thumbsup:
And so say all of us! :thumbsup:

Mine was very kindly already damaged when I collected the car from GC Motors in Harrogate. But ya can't prove anything, so I said nothing.
Its just a bit of clear tape, so what is it for exactly? lol

The Stillen splitter will just make the car even lower at the front? :)

Don't smack the carbon under tray and fixtures. £6k for a new set. I must remember to wear a skirt next time I visit a HPC. That will make it much easier for them to **** me! LOL

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
And so say all of us! :thumbsup:

Mine was very kindly already damaged when I collected the car from GC Motors in Harrogate. But ya can't prove anything, so I said nothing.
Its just a bit of clear tape, so what is it for exactly? lol

The Stillen splitter will just make the car even lower at the front? :)

Don't smack the carbon under tray and fixtures. £6k for a new set. I must remember to wear a skirt next time I visit a HPC. That will make it much easier for them to **** me! LOL
WTF?! You mean the rear panel under the exhaust? Wow, that is harsh! Did you reverse over something?

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
No no no. I haven't damaged anything. When I had my optimisation, I was told that that is the cost of all the guards and trays underneath.
Ah, ok. Only the rear panel is carbon AFAIK.
If you managed to damage ALL the panels, you would have a lot more costs than just replacing them most likely!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts