GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Done it already twice. Really pissing me off. Will buy the Stillen one if I can get transport which is decent priced. it is very decent priced but needs painting still. It is placed over existing front splitter so easy job.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Have considered Carbonfibre version, but that will break too and that will hurt. Stillen one 600 bucks, transport 440. Hope to get some sort of group buy together to get the transport cost down.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Grounded mine on Kerbs this morning. Dam!

Does anyone know here can I get a replacement of good quality (but for little money)?

Or maybe an OE one? Price?

Thanks

Jerry
I did the same to mine and was gutted but it was superbly repaired/painted by a guy called Neil Honeycombe, I posted the details on here but can probably get you his number if you like. He has a Dentmaster franchise. Did a great job and obviously now has the correct colour codes. From memory I think he charged me £120. Took about three hours.

·
Registered
300 Posts
repaired ? the polypropylene front splitter ? didn't know it was even possible

·
Registered
777 Posts
repaired ? the polypropylene front splitter ? didn't know it was even possible
I suppose clarification is needed as to how badly it's damaged. I'm talking about the bottom, grey, part which is the natural part to 'ground' on a kerb. If it's worse than that, ie damage to the whole bumper section, then I don't know.

·
Registered
300 Posts
yes it's what i have too. I did it in an underground parking.

That grey thing does 'brake'...it goes like a powder of little plastics bits. Glad to know it can be repaired

·
Registered
968 Posts
Yup scraped vottom twice, its like a sticker which peels off. Horrible.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Have considered Carbonfibre version, but that will break too and that will hurt. Stillen one 600 bucks, transport 440. Hope to get some sort of group buy together to get the transport cost down.
Is that air transit, surely sailing would be much cheaper?

·
Registered
968 Posts
yes this is by UPS. Would be cheaper to send by boat i agree but their standard method is airfreight. They can send it for 15 bucks to a freightforwarder my choice who can arrange shipping but havent been in the mood sofar. Might be more rewarding monety and effort wise if there will be a few who want one.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yes this is something many of us will need in the future I am sure. I spotted CF for £770 although I may come to a sad end as well. At least its much cheaper than OEM.

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Yup scraped vottom twice, its like a sticker which peels off. Horrible.
It is a protective film that is peeling off. Should be able to cut it free if dangly bits are bothering you.

I like the Stillen but would ideally like a splitter with functional brake ducts, plus the pain of painting them nicely makes them as expensive as, say, the funky Auto Select carbon jobbie that Ben has on his car.

Besides, I can't end up with a car that is literally identical to Robbie J's! :p

·
Registered
968 Posts
There is a difference David, he has a satnav which speaks Japanese :D

Yup will have to cut off some of it. Almost considering putting some bloody duct tape over it to protect and hide the pieces hanging lose. I also like the CF versions but afraid they break as easy as OEM so does not really solve the problem.

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Well at least Robbie has a sat nav...

Of course CF is going to be even more fragile than the OEM one, but best to either fit a front camera or parking sensor if you can't trust yourself to park near front kerbs.

After all you're not going to want to kerb your Stillen one either, are you?

Some guys on NAGTROC are fitting this "sensor-less" front parking device: Never Hit Your Front Spoiler On A Parking Curb - NAGTROC - The Nissan GT-R Owners Club

So at least it doesn't have ugly warts sticking out of the front bumper.

I wonder which would be more effective for brake cooling, the Stillen plus HKS Kansai brake ducts or the Auto Select with custom brake hosing?

The downside with the Auto Select option is it begs for the side skirts and rear diffuser to be changed for carbon items too, which will cost a frikkin' fortune!

·
Registered
968 Posts
I have a front cam, it is more steep ramps and shitty speed bumps which are killing.

I sincerely doubt the brake ducts on the auto select ones are really effective. Have seen some discussions on it and think most agreed they are more about the idea than about real effect.

Agreed that buying a CF splitter asks for more goedies. Then again, you bought so much already, a few bits and pieces won't hurt, will they? :D

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Surely fitting a stillen splitter makes the car even lower at the front, and therefore even more likely to get scuffed? :bawling:

My car has a scuffed lower edge of the front splitter. It was like that when I collected it, but I didn't notice.

Battle scars! Yeehaaa!
If all I ever damage is the sticky tape protector on the front splitter, I'll be laughing. :clap:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts