GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question:

Why under 'normal' driving is my front torque gauge going anywhere upto 10kg.m? Is this normal? I know when a give it some beans and the wheels spin it does it, but under normal motorway driving under part throttle it was doing it, even going through the gears it was doing it in every gear, is my 4wd playing up?:confused:

Steve

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
nope,that is just how it is

GTR's are rear wheel drive when normal driving,and only when the cars are accelerated hard,power is sent to the front two wheels

if you want it to be better,then invest into one of R32Combat's system,as that does help with the system,it sends torque to the front when the normal ATTESSA system wouldn't

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Emil, its doing it at part throttle on the motorway, not even booting it, just holding the throttle at a steady 70mph it was upto 5kg.m constant, surley thats not right. I know they go from rwd to 4wd when the computer detects slip but the wheels weren't slipping.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It wasn't flicking up though. At 70mph on the motorway it was reading 5kg.m and staying there, went up even further and stayed there if i gently accelerated or dropped to 0 if i backed off the throttle.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
I was under the impression that 33/34's have a small trickle of power going to the front wheels at all times. It's only the 32 that has no power to the fronts, unless the computer detects wheelspin. I do know that on the 32 you can just pull a fuse to disable the power to the fronts but on the later models, I believe this is not possible.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Steve

Steve

Have you recently changed tyres ? Are tyres equal wear ?

My 33 GTR had probs when I changed rears to fronts for tyre
wear - front torque gauge always on so switched tyres back and sorted

Regards

Pete

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
I said check because low tread will make power go to the front but yours sound ok. The only other thing is its been very wet lately, and how wet were the roads when you were out?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dry as a bone, lovely sunny day. Gonna have a proper check of the inner edge of the tyres tomorrow as at first glance the outsides look half worn and fine, but i know my car likes to eat the inner edges quicker than the rest of the tyres because of the suspension setup.

Thanks for all the help and advise guys.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Could be an ABS sensor up the left. Does the car trigger the ABS early under braking?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No, had that problem before where the ABS & 4WD light come on and the car goes into RWD only (faulty passenger side ABS sensor).

This is the opposite, no lights and perminant 4WD. Will check the tyres properly in daylight tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Your rear tyres are probably worn a miniscule amount more than the fronts - switch your tyres from front to rear and it should fix your problem. Check your pressures too. :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Could be longitudinal g sensor too. If the car thinks it's accellerating hard all the time it'll send some sauce to the fronts even if there's no slip.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Your rear tyres are probably worn a miniscule amount more than the fronts - switch your tyres from front to rear and it should fix your problem. Check your pressures too. :)
On closer inspection, its looking like the rears are worn slightly more than the front, will swap them round and see what happens.

B_I_G_B_O_Y said:
Bandit, you haven't got a 'clubfoot' have you?
LOL. Only on special occasions.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts