GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing the pictures of the R32 smoking the rear tyres a few weaks back has me thinking. Apparently there is a fuse which stops the front wheel drive kicking in.

Does anyone know if a)this is possible on the R33 and b)more importantly if it does any damage.

You may think this a strange question but my rear wheel drive roots won't die completely (sometimes I just can't be bothered to do a three point turn) so I thought a nice switch to give rear only power would be an interesting mod.

Any thoughts?
(preferably not along the lines of "you complete t*sser!!"):D

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
RWD ONLY

PULL OFF ONE WHEEL SPEED SENSOR THEN DRIVE CAR TILL 4WD WARN LIGHT COMES ON THEN YOU HAVE 2WD OR PULL THE FUSE IN THE BOOT THAT POWERS THE 4WD PUMP THIS WILL DO THE SAME THEN TO GET IT BACK INTO 4WD JUST REFIT THE FUSE.

KEITH

·
Registered
961 Posts
some one said i might do damadge if its used for prlonged periods!

·
Registered
961 Posts
some one said IT might do damadge if used for prlonged periods!

and ive allready got a nintendo:D

·
Registered
961 Posts
i just dont know what iam doing!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Nick...here's a temporary solution just so you can get the feel of it.

With the car moving forward slowly, turn off the ignition and back on again ( clutch down of course) You should see a red 4wd warning light on the dash. You're in 2wd mode. This will revert to normal next time you stop. Check the torque meter when you are in 2wd and it should not move.

Well, it works for me anyway.

john

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good work guys, a wealth of information once again!

Its very hard not to be a happy bunny when you have a new toy (the skyline), its Friday (and leaving early), the forecast is for good weather all weekend and I have a full tank of Optimax!

:D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nick,
Why would you want to cut off front wheel drive ?:D
You know its far superior- you only burnout one set of tyres as opposed to your clutch and 4 tyres!:smokin:
Tandino.
P.s did you clear up that cucumber prob?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts