GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had mine done by Autoglass after picking up a nasty chip/crack combo yesterday.

the cost on his paperwork? £1390

W T F!!

did a cracking job though, all original seals and stuff.

Simon

·
Registered
405 Posts
Another example of the Skyline tax. I cracked mine last year and it was about the same price (thank you insurance!).

My Peugeot also got a cracked windscreen last month - £248 total. Where does that £1100 difference come from?

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
That price is correct, when I had mine replaced the autoglass fitter cracked it putting in the last corner of the surround trim... eek! Then the next one got cracked in the back of his van, then the next one was fitted fine but he then noticed it had a big scratch right in the line of sight. So eventually it was fourth time lucky so that lot would have cost them about 5 grand plus labour eek!

·
Premium Member
6,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The irony is I have a spare - but hey it would have cost me more than the £60 excess to get it fitted.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
A mate priced an R33 one up much cheaper than that.

My R32 GTR one cost £535 plus trims, which I think were just short of £200, (new tracks and trim). Fortunately for me I got it all for the £50 excess.

Alex B

·
Registered
26,781 Posts
about 12months ago these , delivered and shipped from newera jp were £200 a pop (roughly)

due to yen rate change hence £300

the trims cost more than the screen!

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I'm sure the screens can be obtained more cheaply but I too saw the paperwork stating £1390 - so this is probably the cost that Autoglass would be charging the insurance company.

The first two screens that Autoglass managed to break were Nissan branded but I eventually ended up with a Pilkington screen which seems all good.

I now have a spare rubber surround in my garage. No wonder premiums are so high for GTR's if thats what Autoglass charge.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts