GTR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading the great reviews about AC Speedtech, I'd like to share my experience. This is my first time at ACS, after a common GTR gearbox fault code appeared. Should be a quick fix with the knowledge and expertise of the team, right?

Week 0 - I contacted Andy and booked my car in, but due to their busy schedule, 2.5 weeks was the next slot. I didn't drive the car until the agreed drop off time to prevent more damage. Took a day off work and upon arrival, Alan was great in talking me through the issue. I was told the diagnostics could not start until the following week due to another customer’s car. A bit frustrating as I thought this was my slot, but OK, understand delays happen.

Week 4 - I call and Alan gave me the bad news that the gearbox needs to be removed for diagnosis. He said all the potential faulty parts need to arrive before the work begins to prevent my car delaying others on the ramp waiting for parts. No problem, I understand the logic.

Week 5 - I call and was told that there is a delay in parts. Totally understand this is out of everyone's hands.

Week 6 - Parts have arrived but another job has over run, so I need to wait until next week.

Week 7 - My car finally gets on the ramp and told if everything goes well, should be ready. Excited, I book a day off work to pick up the car (I'm 2 hours away). Half way there, I call but bad news is that it didn't go well, needs to go back on the ramp.

Week 8 - I called and was frustrated to find the car hadn't been back on the ramp due to delays from another customer’s car.

Week 9 - Car is back on the ramp and after calling, told there is still a problem. Alan is trying his best to explain the issues, but as Andy worked on it, doesn't have the details.

Week 10 - I called and was told the car will go back on the ramp this week. I call later in the week but a previous customer’s car delays meant it's pushed back further. Told to call back on Friday afternoon but no answer.

Week 11 - Fingers crossed but I'm losing hope.

During this time, I have been paying for rental cars to get around and paying insurance & tax on the GTR. The cost is already huge before I get the bill from ACS. Each week of delays is hurting my wallet, but worse of all, not having my pride and joy. My car has become the laughing stock at work, which is all good banter but reminds me how stressful this has become.

Appreciate AC Speedtech are very busy and recently moved premises, but am I the only one waiting this long for work? Sometimes it feels like other jobs take priority as mine keeps getting pushed back due to other jobs. This is no criticism of their work, I believe it's world class, but are they a victim of their own success?

Interested to hear if any others have experienced long waiting times or tell me my expectations are too high. Shoot me down in flames if so :flame:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update on the gearbox repair status:

Week 11 - Andy calls me to give a very detailed explanation of the work done and that the car is fixed!! Later in the week I picked up the car. Andy has given me a generous discount to make the crippling repair costs a bit more manageable. He explained that the reason for the delays was because my car was a particularly difficult one to diagnose and resolve which required full gearbox removal and tear down 4 times.

I'm now cautiously doing further data logging checks to ensure the gearbox is behaving as it should, fingers crossed.

Many thanks to Andy and Alan for the discount and great work. Appreciate the guys have worked really hard to fix the issue and I'm over the moon to have the car back. I'd still recommend ACS to anyone, but be patient if you're unlucky like me to have a complex issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts