GTR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

For sale a Half Cage from an R32 GTR (assuming it will also fit a other 32 variants?)

Piccies to follow after the weekend.

Looking for about £330 :)

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
George is after one, username (Gtaarrrrr) ..... drop him a pm.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
DO you know the tube thickness and if this would be allowed to be used in HKS drag series?

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You should be alright :)

HKS Regs here http://www.japdragseries.co.uk/rules/General_Safety_Regulations_2010.doc

Important bits from it :

GSR 4:4 FRAMES
ALL CARS 9.99seconds and quicker, must have a serialised chassis sticker affixed to frame before participating in any event. Chassis certifications are available through MSA. Cars running 6.00 seconds or slower, chassis inspection every 36 months mandatory. Grinding of welds prohibited. All butt welds must have visible reinforcement (i.e. sleeve and rosette welds). Pressurisation of roll bar or roll cage in lieu of air bottles is prohibited. Visible reinforcement around any hole in any SFI spec chassis (not just the roll cage) mandatory. Reinforcement must be of at least the same cross sectional area as the hole, at least .049 inch (1.2 mm) thick chrome moly, and completely welded around the outside.

See 4:10 ROLL BARS and 4:11 ROLL CAGES.

GSR 4:10.1 MATERIAL & DIMENSIONS OF ROLL BAR.
Roll bar must be made of minimum O.D. of 45 mm (1 ¾ inches) x 3 mm (0.118 inch) mild steel,or minimum OD 45 mm (1 ¾ inches) x 2,1 mm (0.083 inch) chrome moly.

GSR 4:11 ROLL CAGE (ET 9.99 TO 8.50Secs)
Roll Cage: All cage structures must be designed in an attempt to protect the driver from any angle, 360-degrees and be fully welded. All 4130 chrome moly tube welding must be done by approved TIG heliarc process; mild steel tube welding must be approved MIG wire feed or TIG heliarc process. Welding must be free of slag and porosity. Any grinding of welds prohibited. Additionally, roll cage must be padded any where the driver’s helmet may contact it while in the driving position. In Competition eliminator where SFI Spec on chassis is required, padding must meet SFI Spec. 45.1

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
So its bigger then 45mm OD? and made of tube bigger then 2.1 mm?

Let me do some checks mate and i will get back to you? You need any bits for the r32? :chuckle:

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I do actually :)

I need 32 GTR rear wheel bearings, drive flange and rear drive shafts

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Urmmm

I think i have most of that. Do you require the full hubs? ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts