GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, my name is Justin. I am a skyline enthusiast, been a member for a while but dont post often.. I have built a couple over the past few years here in the states. I am putting them up for sale as I am ready to move onto a new project. I can easily export to UK, or anywhere. I work a lot with Mashomoto UK in Newcastle and cars could be exported to him if a buyer is interested in seeing them. I have plenty of people in the skyline world (US) that can vouch for me and these cars. Contact me via email if interested. [email protected]

Brief details
1996 Nissan Skyline GTR vspec "Big Bird" only one used in original Fast and Furious movie.
Big Bird

1995 Nissan Skyline GTR vspec "Godzira"
Godzira

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are correct, I have never seen a dyno chart so goofy myself. I was pretty embarrassed to post it myself but I was also proud of the 607 made with a stock block and head. Anyways, I believe the swirls came due to the fact the rear hicas steer started to activate at higher rpms on dyno. The tail end of the car was shimmying on the dyno, that movement is what threw the dyno off creating those swirls.

My guess, and please chime in if you have others, is that the hicas ecu was picking up interference somehow (have heard of this before with gents cruising down highway and their gtr starts to sway back and forth) the interference is creating this unwanted movement. Need to address issue and redyno. At least I know it can make some decent power.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
was the g sensor turned upside down on the dyno as well to run it in rwd? as not doing this can cause the car to rock forwards and backwards etc causing strange looking dyno plots.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
The guy who ran a rolling road session I went to told me he had seen GTR plots do this, he mentioned it was due to the ECUs balancing the power from front to back??

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
yeah as my post mentions above dude :) is normally due to the ATTESSA system kicking in and messing about with the dyno plots shifting power to the front wheels etc. Hence why the G sensor mod needs to be done first.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did the dyno tune in AWD mode, did not mess with the G sensor or anything. So you are saying simple fix is to just do a RWD dyno and rotate the G sensor?

I have def. heard of removing front prop shaft and kick out fuse but I did not know you needed to mess with G sensor. In what direction do you flip it?

I actually thought my problem was with rear stear hicas... stearing rear wheels left to right.
You can kinda see it in the last 15 secs. of the dyno vid here..

The Fast and the Furious Nissan Skyline R33 GTR Big Bird For Sale

Thanks!

yeah as my post mentions above dude :) is normally due to the ATTESSA system kicking in and messing about with the dyno plots shifting power to the front wheels etc. Hence why the G sensor mod needs to be done first.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
right, spoken to a friend who has more experience in the matter than i do

g sensor turning it upside down puts the car in permanent rwd. The ATTESSA system would not cause the dyno plot to look like that in either way. The car would surge forwards and backwards on the dyno if the 4wd had anything to do with it.

But he also doesnt see why hicas would cause that issue either.

The revs are dropping then increasing, which indicates that something is affecting the car running. could be wheelspin, someone lifting off and on the throttle, overboosting turbos or a knackered dyno. haha.

Is that vid of the dyno one the one that produced this plot?

I am intruiged to what could cause that. What psi were the turbos at? What octane fuel was that figure achieved on as well? turbos could be over boosting perhaps? Am just throwing things out now.

Sorry to threadcrap! Have you asked any of the tuners on this forum?
May help to start a thread in the general section for help on it!

Chris

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
oh and you dont have to do the g sensor mod, some places just dont like running the car with the attessa on, car is perfectly fine to dyno as it is when it comes off the street

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The dyno video you see is the second to last run making 577. The chart looked the same. I didn't see any throttle response movement, you would also hear that. I kinda doubt any wheel spin in awd and at only ~600 hp. We were around 1.5 - 1.7 bar boost on the brand new 2860's. Tune was done on 93 octane, then the last few runs turned it up with 110 octane. I would like to try another dyno, and also try some RWD pulls to see how it differs.

right, spoken to a friend who has more experience in the matter than i do

g sensor turning it upside down puts the car in permanent rwd. The ATTESSA system would not cause the dyno plot to look like that in either way. The car would surge forwards and backwards on the dyno if the 4wd had anything to do with it.

But he also doesnt see why hicas would cause that issue either.

The revs are dropping then increasing, which indicates that something is affecting the car running. could be wheelspin, someone lifting off and on the throttle, overboosting turbos or a knackered dyno. haha.

Is that vid of the dyno one the one that produced this plot?

I am intruiged to what could cause that. What psi were the turbos at? What octane fuel was that figure achieved on as well? turbos could be over boosting perhaps? Am just throwing things out now.

Sorry to threadcrap! Have you asked any of the tuners on this forum?
May help to start a thread in the general section for help on it!

Chris

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
£42,527.00 at todays exchange rate. There was a few pennies in change too, but I'm sure he'd let you off that. :chuckle:

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
£42,527.00 at todays exchange rate. There was a few pennies in change too, but I'm sure he'd let you off that. :chuckle:
This will nearly give you a new GTR,or lets say the the worldfamous Top Secret R33 GTR which is for sale + a nice daily driver R33GTR.......i don´t like yellow birds...:D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I dont think Sean ever "owned" the car. He worked on it, raced it, brought it to Universal Studios for movie. The shop he worked for owned it, that was at least 4-5 years ago. Cool Cat Racing owned the car for a while, then I bought it almost 3 years ago.

I thought Sean still owned Big Bird

1 - 19 of 19 Posts