GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

Does anyone use Fuchs engine oil in their GT-R? The guy where I maintain my wifes' Evo X had nothing but praise for Fuchs Titan Race Pro S 10w50 so I am curious if anyone's using this oil in their GT-R?

O

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I use it in wife's Evo and its very good - but same as you, I have no clue how it performs in a R35... mystery remains unsolved...

I've used Fuchs before (used to be Silkolene) and it's a very good oil although never used it in an R35GTR (because I dont have one!)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hi guys!

Does anyone use Fuchs engine oil in their GT-R? The guy where I maintain my wifes' Evo X had nothing but praise for Fuchs Titan Race Pro S 10w50 so I am curious if anyone's using this oil in their GT-R?

O
Fuchs are primarily a industrial lubricants manufacturer. I would use a OEM or Mobil lube given the R&D money these guys spend on lubricants. You may get away with it but why take a risk with your engine :confused:

·
Registered
190 Posts
:squintdan "Mobil 1 (0W-40) (100% Synthetic) is the factory fill oil. The VR38 Engine with its plasma - sprayed bores was developed using this oil. Nissan cannot ensure proper engine operation and durability if other 0W-40 synthetic oil is used." This taken from the R35 GTR owners manual. If for some reason you want to use a different viscosity lubricant and stay within warranty on your R35 you should probably get written confirmation from Nissan and or Nissan HPC dealer. :smokin:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Would'nt use anything else in all our race and performance cars, 1st thing we did when we got the R35 a few months ago was drop the oil and filter and get it changed to Fuchs :thumbsup:

·
Registered
190 Posts
I guess I might consider using a thicker lubricant if the engine was a bit "tired" and was using oil and my R35 was out of warranty. The lube is also meant to be black. It's as a result of the dispersant within the "add pack" keeping soot in suspension within the lube. If it didnt do this the soot would "DROP OUT" of suspension in the engine oil galleries which is the worse place for soot to build up. There's another reason for low visc oils. They release more hp due to less internal drag, enable easier cold starting and improve the fuel economy. They also lubricate better at start up.....:squintdan

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
OPIE oils recommended I use FUCHS Titan in my 500bhp GTR32.

Maybe pose the question to them. They sell & test all types, so you should get an unbiased viewpoint.

Cheers,

·
Registered
190 Posts
OPIE oils recommended I use FUCHS Titan in my 500bhp GTR32.

Maybe pose the question to them. They sell & test all types, so you should get an unbiased viewpoint.

Cheers,
Thanks, I probably won't need to. I worked at a super major oil company for 20 years selling industrial / synthetic lubes and ExxonMobil were our main competitors. I'm sure the Fuchs lube works and works reasonably well in a R35. However 16 inch wheels would work on a R35 GTR too :runaway:

·
Registered
190 Posts
No they wouldn't, you couldn't get them to fit over the brakes:D:lamer:

I'll get my coat
Exactly so why use a 10w 50 in a car engine designed for a specific 0w 40. If I take an angle grinder and a gas axe to the discs and the caliper do you think I can get the 16 inch wheels on ? :chuckle:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I think Mobil 1 is crap, at least for my climate (average temp when I drive is 25-35C, as I dont use my GTR in the winter). I see lot of people are in support of Fuchs Titan Pro S so that's encouraging.

I will try Motul first, then Fuchs at my engine oil changes and see how it goes.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
engine was designed specifically for 0-40w. would putting in a heavier oil, not give any "issues"....??? greater pressure, hydraulic, reduced power, more stress on bearings and rod bolts etc etc.....

would be keen to hear why it is better and from someone who has driven a 35 hard and for a lot miles on heavy weight oil, to back it up so to speak...

·
Registered
103 Posts
We drive all our cars extremely hard and to put testiment to Fuchs, we drove a whole lap of Zandvoort last week with broken dry sump system (no oil pressure) and nothing wrong with the engine, very lucky but great oil :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts