GTR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Fuchs are primarily a industrial lubricants manufacturer. I would use a OEM or Mobil lube given the R&D money these guys spend on lubricants. You may get away with it but why take a risk with your engine :confused:
Perhaps you should do a bit more research into the products that Fuchs supply/manufacture, the Pro S that is so popular is the Silkolene Pro S rebranded as Fuchs own Silkolene, and Silkolene know thing or two about performance oils :thumbsup:

Viscosity wise in an R35 there is no need to go above 5w-40 unless temps/modds/use is extreme. The engine is designed to run on SAE40, the only reason Mobil 1 0w-40 is recommended is due to the fact the best Mobil have to offer around the SAE40 viscosity is the 0w-40 (Porsche do the same, they are holding hands you see).

Cheers

Guy.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
+1.

64btzlhy, just out of interest what do you make of Motul 300V?
Very, very good. However, I will double check but I dont think it carries any ACEA specs and this could move into a grey area as to how clean it burns (think cat converters) as it is sold purely as a race oil in Motul's eyes.

Cheers

Guy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.