GTR Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Fuchs are primarily a industrial lubricants manufacturer. I would use a OEM or Mobil lube given the R&D money these guys spend on lubricants. You may get away with it but why take a risk with your engine :confused:
Perhaps you should do a bit more research into the products that Fuchs supply/manufacture, the Pro S that is so popular is the Silkolene Pro S rebranded as Fuchs own Silkolene, and Silkolene know thing or two about performance oils :thumbsup:

Viscosity wise in an R35 there is no need to go above 5w-40 unless temps/modds/use is extreme. The engine is designed to run on SAE40, the only reason Mobil 1 0w-40 is recommended is due to the fact the best Mobil have to offer around the SAE40 viscosity is the 0w-40 (Porsche do the same, they are holding hands you see).

Cheers

Guy.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
+1.

64btzlhy, just out of interest what do you make of Motul 300V?
Very, very good. However, I will double check but I dont think it carries any ACEA specs and this could move into a grey area as to how clean it burns (think cat converters) as it is sold purely as a race oil in Motul's eyes.

Cheers

Guy

·
Registered
190 Posts
I worked in technical sales for a major lubricant company for 18 years.... I also know some of the senior managers at Fuchs UK when they worked for the major i worked for and aftewards. I also competed heavily against Silkolean lubricants in the truck and bus market when it was in Belper and also Fuchs lubricants Stoke when it dominated the coal mining industry in the uk, it was called Century in those early days, before and after the take over in the general industrial and the heavy duty diesel market. I also know that most OEM manufacturers go into technical partnerships with lube companies to develop capability. That's why Nissan warranty is supported on its plasma prayed bores by a certain manufacturer. And nope it wasn't Mobil I worked for either.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Oh forgot to mention .... Silkolean was shut and moved to Century when Fuchs bought both companies. If they know a thing or two about lubes.... It will be coming from Fuchs in Germany

21 - 28 of 28 Posts