• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What fuel are you guys using?

I've just found out our local Tesco does Momentum so I'm going to give that a bash for a couple of tanks. Usually use Optimax

Dont touch BP stuff

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I always use V-Power Nitro+ as it's meant to have better cleaning agents but Momentum 99 should be fine also (and possibly 'keeps' better than the Shell stuff?).

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
I've tried shell V power and I found its good if used soon or it goes off, I've used BP ultimate and that was naff, then I used tesco momentum and it's very good and cheaper than the others, my car runs strong and the fuel doesn't lose its strength if left unused for some time

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I always use V-Power Nitro+ as it's meant to have better cleaning agents but Momentum 99 should be fine also (and possibly 'keeps' better than the Shell stuff?).
Think if your buying fuel from a busy petrol station then its shouldn't be too much of an issue. With me working offshore 4/5 weeks at a time it becomes a concern. So when I'm going away I run the car until fuel is on the light. Then when I'm back I'll fill it to half a tank, run that through with gentle driving first. And then once that's done I'll fill it and drive it like a nutter hahahah

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
V-Power and Momentum 99 are the only 99 ron fuels in the UK aren't they? BP and Esso super are only 97.

I use Momentum 90% of the time and the occassional V-Power. From memory Momentum is about 30p per gallon less expensive around here, so nearly a fiver per tank. I use 2 tanks a week so that's a saving of 400 - 500 quid a year, plus about 80 quid on the club card lol.

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
V-Power and Momentum 99 are the only 99 ron fuels in the UK aren't they? BP and Esso super are only 97.

I use Momentum 90% of the time and the occassional V-Power. From memory Momentum is about 30p per gallon less expensive around here, so nearly a fiver per tank. I use 2 tanks a week so that's a saving of 400 - 500 quid a year, plus about 80 quid on the club card lol.
Also look to use a cash back credit card for the extra saving (think the 1-2-3 gives 3% but don't quote me on that!)

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
I always use either Shell V Power or Tesco Momentum 99 and nothing else.

Never been able to see any difference between the two.

·
Premium Member
5,868 Posts
Tesco for me.... The mrs loves the extra club card points too
yeah Tesco Momentum for me as its most convenient, decent club card points/rewards for the large amount of fuel I use as well, so thats a bonus :D

·
Registered
212 Posts
Tesco Momentum And Shell V Power for me too.

Only use the other stuff if I REALLY have too and only then fill up enough to limp to a proper petrol station... :)

·
Registered
941 Posts
I used to have Tesco Momentum but realised the money I was saving on the fuel was negated by the extra distance I had to travel.
Plus, my local(ish) Shell has some good looking girls working there sometimes ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts