GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought a nissan skyline gtr33 and would like to know if putting 30quids worth of petrol in and getting about 90 miles of easy driving is normal please or do i have a problem with the car

·
Official GTR.co.uk Photographer
2,671 Posts
you should realy use the search system on this site for your question .

but it mainly depends on what power you are running combined with how heavy your right foot is.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for replies.I don't really know to be honest.it doesn't feel standard.it had 4000 spent on it in dec last year where it had a v-pro kit fitted,a fuel pressure regulator and had boost level raised and dyno run.it wasn't me that had all this done as I just bought car.it does smell like it's running a bit rich but power output is ok

·
Registered
112 Posts
I am only getting around 85 miles on 30 pounds of 99 ron my cars running around 400 to 450 bhp stage 1 exhaust downpipe de cat indution kit ecu remap ect and thats driving around town like a granny on the motorway i done 140 miles on 30 pounds and still had a little fuel left again this was driving at 70 to 80 mph please could other give their opinions please should we getting better mileage .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Matt I got similar stuff on mine as urs and from what alot of people tell me that mileage is about right.when I bought mine I did have a feeling it would be this juicy so I'm not surprised.but I just wanted to check.I think I'll get a run around just for work and use the skyline in the evening lol

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
yup - power costs money - there is no magic trick to it! however, I discovered that adding mods to the car does tend to increase consumption - I just had my PFC put in and cruise economy is now waaaay better than it ever was!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Like "frostmotorsport" said -"power costs money"
I still think that they are still really good cars for daily drive, if I drive my GTR bellow 3500rpm I can make 100km for 11liters, but if we push the engine it will do what he needs to do to produce all that power, it´s the simple rule that you need X gas to produce Y bhp.

·
Registered
623 Posts
If you own a GTR, then you should not care about gas milage, its the price you pay if you wanna play. But if you want numbers here are mine:

City driving with some heavy bursts here and there gets me about 300K a Tank.

On the motorway as you gents call it I can get about 600K a tank, cruising speed is around 140K's to 160K's an hour, on the Expressway will easily clip along at 180K's but I will drop into the 500K a tank range.

I spend on the average Y24,000 a month on gas, Japanese premium
100 Octane, don't know how much a liter costs, frankly I don't care, and its a daily driver, and I always fill up when I reach a quarter tank.

·
Official GTR.co.uk Photographer
2,671 Posts
some times when i use to use my R32 GTR with just over 500bhp going to work and back which was around a 40 mile round trip , i would use around £20 with a couple of times of the heavy right foot going down and quickly seeing speeds way into the triple figures.

just an expensive hobby (addiction:chuckle:) but i love it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Like I said when I started this debate is I haven't a problem with the amount of fuel I am using.as I love the car to bits.I was just asking if it was the norm to have that type of consumption as I only just bought my first skyline gtr and wasn't sure what to expect.just wanted to check that mine was the same as everyone elses.like many of u say for the power it's so worth it.so thanks again for all your posts as it was much appreciated.happy guzzling to us all lol

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Fuel Consumption is directly proportional to right foot multiplied by level of modification.

If you have V-PRO it is almost certainly significantly modified.

At a steady 70-ish :rolleyes: I can manage around 20mpg, which basically means *** paper thickness pressure on throttle coupled to a 6 speed sequential - aka higher top gear than standard.

At sensible speeds :shy: on private roads on the continent :nervous: I can almost see the fuel guage dropping.

In simple terms, 250 to v Power tankful is very good. Giving it large and it can go in 120 or less.

As stated earlier, laws of physics basically, serious power at around 30% efficiency means petrol tanker volumes!

I usually carry a 10L fuel can in boot just in case........

However! Every drop is worth it. :D

DaveG

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
V Pro, if its the gold box about the size of a standard ECU is HKSs top of the range engine management system. It permits the tuner to modify a number of parameters from fuelling, ignition, etc. etc.

Usually found on 600+ BHP cars which are running bigger turbo's, cams, capacity, bigger injectors, etc.etc.

Are you sure you have a V Pro? If you still have the AFMs you are not likely to have V Pro, more likely the lower spec HKS management unit.

Do a search/google and confirm what you have.

DaveG

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I checked the receipt from GT ART that maintained the car.it says hks v-pro kit.they charged 1100 quid for part alone and 1000 quid dyno labour.also says dyno tune and raised boost level and full v-pro set up so I think it is what u said it was mate.do u know where it will be located on car

1 - 20 of 23 Posts