GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wondered if any one could shed some light on a little problem i have with my engine management light coming on when i hit 190 mph and fuel cutting i asume the slowing me down just briefly with the light then going out . i have the manual speed converter , would that have any thing to do with it ?. its the only time the light ever comes on.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
power fc . just got it back from rk tunning , runs like a dream besides the cutting back at 190 mph. so is this the case im going to have to get the electronic device instead ?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Does the light flash or anything. PFC uses the engine check light as a diagnostic and the speed of flashing will tell you different things e.g. knock sensor, injectors maxing out, etc.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
raz0r$harP said:
Does the light flash or anything. PFC uses the engine check light as a diagnostic and the speed of flashing will tell you different things e.g. knock sensor, injectors maxing out, etc.
heh, learn something new everyday :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the light only comes on the once for that brief second it slows the car down as far as i could tell . tend to try aand keep my eyes on were going as much as possible at them speeds if you know what i mean:chuckle:

·
Banned
11,494 Posts
Was your petrol tank low? Sometimes when you're getting near the bottom, it'll cut out at high speed and then resume at a lower speed.

·
Registered
70 Posts
From the PFC Installation Manual (English version available at Apexi USA )

- If the light is on continuously, indicates sensor problems. If you have the Commander you can do a diagnostic sensor check.
- If it flashes in 0.1sec intervals for THREE times, that's the knock sensor indicating detonation.
- If it flashes for 0.5sec intervals, that's the injector max warning.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i was just coming round a bend at 180 mph then the road straightend up and it went up to 190 mph then it cut back . how can you realy tell if the light has flahed for any of them 2 times in under a scecond ?. had about half a tank of fuel.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A slight bend at slow speeds like in a normal car feels like nothing and as you should know that going very fast round that same bend at high speed makes that bend feel so much sharper so yes i am being serious !

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
And if you dont believe that then your quite welcome to come and sit in passenger seat while i show you. Enough of a bend at that speed were you can quite noticably feel your body weight being pulled to one side as your wondering how much more grip you have in the tires

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
R33_GTS-t said:
He means motorway style bends. And they do have bends.:)
I mean duel carriage way style bends R33 GTS-T but yeah that sort of thing , cheers for clearing that up a bit .:)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Hugh Keir said:
Could be your car has a speed convertor and the ecu is doing it's usual cut at what it perceives to be 180 KPH
The strange thing is ron from rk said the speed restrictor should'nt be there as i have a power fc . just rememberd though when i had the manual speed de- restrictor / speedo converter put on the car ,the car was tested of the ground and the speedo went to 210 mph ? . it must be some thing else then ? (still got the 310kph dial face)

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
You are right, the Power FC has no speed cut.

Any cut at that RPM & speed has to be hard on your engine, you may be running out of fuel and heading for a meltdown.

Get it checked with some det monitoring equipment and a wide band lambda while you are driving it hard before you blow it up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts