GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you guys with R35 getting to the gallon?, or how many miles per tank?, how much does it take to fill up?, as when I test drove Westovers Premium I gave it beans for at least 30 mins, it was full when we left the dealer ship and the fuel gauge hadnt moved by the time we got back:squintdan

·
Registered
329 Posts
I drove 230 miles back from middlehurst today after picking mine up with 3/4 tank, although I was pootling it averaged 20mpg, with a high of 45 and a low of 6ish

·
Registered
70 Posts
picked mine up today from Westover Bournemouth, 60 miles home most of them below 3500rpm! used a 1/4 tank.

It's certainly no diesel

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
for those that have not run in their cars yet... you have a shock is store once you have and you start going near redline.

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
I hear you TokoyoGTR!

Jacey, got 25mpg up the M6 with delivery mileage at the usual outside lane "making progress" pace.

Seen a steady 30mpg @ a steady 110km/h. LOL ;-D

Commuting into work with a light "run-in" foot but the odd squeeze to 3500rpm limits, I'm seeing 21mpg.

About to enter the 600 mile + run-in with 5000rpm in 1st, 2nd and 3rd... so that's the last time I'll see 20+mpg.

Expecting 16mpg from now on until the 1200 mile inspection and then full beans... & "Show me the whole thang!".

·
Registered
680 Posts
MPG??.....What is that??

I just love standing at the V POWER pump safe in the knowledge that when i have paid i have got another tank of lead foot available!!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
btw, there is definitely a flaw in the fuel gauge design. it never moves for the first 40-60kms for me. but after that it's in freefall and the closer to the lower half it gets then the quicker it moves. it's almost like i get 200km out of the first 1/4 of the tanks and then 100km out of the remainder. i spoke to nissan about it and they said it's to do with the 2 fuel tank setup that the gt-r has and that the pressure causes the innaccurate reading when the first tank is still 3/4 full.

so i tested it. i drove for something like 70kms and sure enough the fuel gauge hadn't budged. turned the car off, unscrewed the petrol cap and SWOOSH, it's sucking air for about 2 mins. screwed it back on, started the car, now only 3/4 tank left.

classic nissan engineering there!

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Reading those it sounds like its pretty good on fuel. I'm waiting for a twin or triple plate clutch before I can increase boost and power on my R33 but currently, with 507bhp ATW the best cruising MPG I get is around 14 :O

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
btw, there is definitely a flaw in the fuel gauge design. it never moves for the first 40-60kms for me. but after that it's in freefall and the closer to the lower half it gets then the quicker it moves
That explains my test drive then!, but 20mpg is good, my 380BHP Scoob was only managing that tops

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
That explains my test drive then!, but 20mpg is good, my 380BHP Scoob was only managing that tops
20-22mpg is driving mine like a merc in full auto cruising with the flow of the traffic in mostly built-up 30 zones and a dab of nose to tail queuing with a small stretch of 50-70mph dual carriageway and a mile of twist country lane! About 11 miles each leg. Enough time to get the engine and tranny to 85 degs. steady temp. A little bit of nose to tail mixed in and a dollop of extended rpm in the higher gears occasionally.

In my first week I did 240 miles on 65 litres of v-power (that included a stretch of M6 and a good 100 miles of playing to the run-in limits). So 17 mpg.

Seeing a regular 21mpg on the commute though. Gotta love the optimism of the instantaneous fuel consumption bar on the speedo, the scale goes from 0 to 80mpg!!! (down hill and throttle at idle!). :smokin:

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Say £55 average.

Tesco 99 is apparently better and a touch cheaper.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'm still running my one in and concur with most at about 300 miles to a tank and about 60 quid to fill.

I've a supercharged Monaro with 550 bhp and its way more fuel efficient but I don't care this new car turns heads faster than the guy down the chicken factory. LOL

·
Registered
202 Posts
Well running in at up to 4k in north Wales it averaged 15.7 with 24.6 average on the motorway down to work in Portsmouth. However 20 miles of total abuse saw about 6-7mpg and a third of a tank disappear. It was lots of full trottle though three up.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts