GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had been having problems filling my car , when doing so the pump would constantly click not allowing the tank to fill more then about 2/3rds. I reported this today to Bromley HPC who took the time and trouble to find the problem and rectify it . The issue was the driver ie me had not read the manual, apparently the fuel tank sits directly over the gearboxes and as such gets very hot , this supposedly causes the fuel/vapour to expand and cause the problem , this is documented in the owners manual I just never read it . I did have the same problem when I took the car for optimisation at my supplying HPC ( not Bromley ) they simply said it was not a problem and gave no further advice . Bromley HPC took the time and trouble to investigate and report it back to me in great detail , sure enough from cold full tank, thank you again Bromley HPC am very happy indeed .

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
That's all very well but what are you supposed to do when filling up in the middle of a journey? Waste 10 minutes waiting for the car to cool down?

Luckily mine doesn't seem to suffer from this. If it cuts out I just reposition the nozzle.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Luckily mine doesn't seem to suffer from this. If it cuts out I just reposition the nozzle.
A man living on the edge........the manual says not to do that......

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I have filled mine hot and cold and even straight off the track, with the transmission at nearly 140c and it has only very very rarely ever stopped taking fuel at the normal rate and even then a minor adjustment has solved it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts