GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend an inline fuel filter for running 5 - 600 bhp ?

The one I just removed Is huge and is an inline Metal type kinda like a 300zx one but larger.

Does it have to be that big or would a stock filter/300zx filter do the job ?

The part number on the current one doesnt tie up with anything but even if it did Id like to try and fit one thats a smaller diameter as it was a nightmare to be mounted where it was.

Whats everyone else running ??

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Sure, but what's wrong with the standard filter???

It's just the 2 clamps you have to open to remove the hoses...

Guess most people with this power just run the stock filter, so do I. You only go for other filters when you change your fuel system for higher horsepower applications (dual fuel pumps, swirl pool, bigger fuel rail,...).

Cheers,

Leo

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Leo cheers thats what I wanted to know, Ill go for a stock one then :) I wasnt sure if it had been fitted with a larger one to allow better flow or something.

If the stock one is fine at that power level then that makes life much easier :)

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
No problem mate :thumbsup:

As long as you run an in-tank fuel pump with your standard fuel lines you're fine with the standard filter (bigger one won't make any sense without bigger fuel lines...) and this is sufficient for that kind of power (besides a high flow fuel pump, bigger injectors, fpr, and other mods you need for this power level).

Cheers,

Leo

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup got all that bud, im just looking to replace a clogged old filter not upgrading the spec further, its already huge as it is LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts