GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me where they are on an RB26? I know they're close to the intake manifold... but I myself dont have an engine to grope! :p

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
but I myself dont have an engine to grope!
hard to explain then.

if you stand in front of the car, open the bonnet (;)).

then you should see a big thing in front of you, called an Engine (;))
look at the exhaust manifold (the thing with the turbo('s) on there) and then look at the other side. there you should find 6 injector thingys...the injectors!

lol. sorry i cant seem to find a good way to explain it!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see it now, hehe. Facing the engine from the front, on the left right? so the intake manifold is connected to the 6 injectors and then the engine block?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
yeah, its on the left side of the block. think you got it right.

hey, explaining like a numpty actually worked for once (im really bad at explaining things!)

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
The manifold is bolted to the head and then injectors protrude through... there will be a fuel rail connecting all 6 injectors and each injector will have a wire going to it

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The intake manifold, where does that lead to? If you follow from the engine? The other side (right) to the air intake?

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
the intake manifold, happens on the left side of the block. it mixxes the air with the fuel, goes passed the valves (on the left side) and then goes into the engine, gets burned, the gasses passing the valves on the left, and gets out via the exhaust manifold.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I understand the flow goes from the intake to the injectors through the engine and out the exhuast. But if you follow the intake manifold backwards, where does it lead to? Because the induction kit is on the exhuast side of the engine.

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
The inlet goes through the offside wing and to the intercooler which in turn goes across the front of the car to the turbos outlet side, the turbo draws its air through the airfilter before sending it to the intercooler.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, sorry about this. Let me get this straight, so...

Air goes through the intake/ induction kid, through turbo powered by exhuast, then the intercooler and to the intake manifold?

·
Registered
6,048 Posts

Ignore how crap it is, Also only one turbo to keep it simple.

So the airflow goes... Airfilter, turbo, intercooler, throttle, inletmanifold, head, cylinder, exhaust manifold, turbo, exhaust pipe.

Obviously on its way out it spins the turbo that then pressurises the air going in.

If people have an interest in diagrams like this I could take the time to draw them properly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts