GTR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was checking the car this morning and noticed it sounded a bit lumpy so I popped the bonnet and nearly shit myself. I'm fairly certain its fuel coming from the pipe which goes into the fuel rail. Seems like I simply need to slide it back up and fasten it a bit tighter.
Being the kind of person that normally uses a garage mechanic for everything this seems pretty straightforward. Am I correct ?

Here is a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGz9_6dNJuE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
On closer inspection it looks like the pipe needs replacing rather than tightened up ?

·
Registered
871 Posts
I would guess that the pipe has split rather than tightening it up, mine split a while ago, they can get pretty fragile over time!

just grab another bit of hose and swap it :)

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Dont like the look of the way the pipe has been brazed onto the end of the fuel rail...

I'd very much doubt your leak is coming from the hose and is more likely to be coming from a fracture in the pipe or brazing.

TT

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Before I buy these online do any if our traders supply them

The one with the green is where the fuel is pishing out

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dont like the look of the way the pipe has been brazed onto the end of the fuel rail...

I'd very much doubt your leak is coming from the hose and is more likely to be coming from a fracture in the pipe or brazing.

TT
Its spraying out of the black hose from where the clamp has cut into it

·
Registered
8,548 Posts

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will. Its funny when one thing goes you start looking at everything around it that would look out of place if they dont get replaced either

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
braided hose does look good imo.

my breather pipes are just rubber hoses with the overbraid on but looks good imo

my rail and lines are proper unions and pipes though.

your rail looks like it may be stock one with an extra pipe braised on for twin entry ?

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
braided hose does look good imo.

my breather pipes are just rubber hoses with the overbraid on but looks good imo

my rail and lines are proper unions and pipes though.

your rail looks like it may be stock one with an extra pipe braised on for twin entry ?
Yeah it looks a lot better. I'll pm a few of our traders before I go online. I wont be driving the car for a week or 2 anyway

1 - 15 of 15 Posts