GTR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
My gauge doesn't work at the mo....The light is the only way I can tell its fuel stop time.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
which is what the 200sx's had but on the r32 can you see the light or its location if its not lit ? I could swear I have not seen one on mine ! LOL

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
which is what the 200sx's had but on the r32 can you see the light or its location if its not lit ? I could swear I have not seen one on mine ! LOL
yeh its like a orange led small light. Near the bottom. I'm sure if I look close enough during the day I can see it. But it is visible on or off.

·
Premium Member
2,862 Posts
A non functioning fuel gauge is usually the sender, being the only moving part. Easy to remove on a GT-R:

First take out the fuel pump fuse, crank the car and reduce fuel pressure to zero. Remove +ve battery terminal for safety.
Remove two hoses going into the fuel tank. Unscrew retainer, take out the sender unit and check for operation. Use a multi-meter to check resistance whilst moving the float. If it's found to be faulty, easy enough to find a good used one and fit. Refitting is reveral of removal. Presto, job done.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
A non functioning fuel gauge is usually the sender, being the only moving part. Easy to remove on a GT-R:

First take out the fuel pump fuse, crank the car and reduce fuel pressure to zero. Remove +ve battery terminal for safety.
Remove two hoses going into the fuel tank. Unscrew retainer, take out the sender unit and check for operation. Use a multi-meter to check resistance whilst moving the float. If it's found to be faulty, easy enough to find a good used one and fit. Refitting is reveral of removal. Presto, job done.
Cheers,
Yeah, Just trying to find one, Everyone wants to sell me a whole tank with pump, not just the sender....

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
woo yup got a fuel light just dunno if it works LOL

My gauge is on E now but no light yet ? When does yours light up ?

My 200sx used to light when the needle was below E so wondering if the R32 is the same ?

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
We can supply the sender only. Not a problem. Contact Matty32, he's our sales rep here. :thumbsup:
Cheers Dude, But it wouldn't be too cost effective....I live in New Zealand:thumbsup:

There are plenty of GTR's being wrecked over here, so standard parts come up all the time, it's the aftermarket parts that are a tad pricey.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts