GTR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I would like to know what kind of fuel mileage you all are getting. I want to know because it's between the GT-R (BCNR33) and an FD, I've heard the 13b gets terrible mileage and it gets even worst when ported. Please state power, and driving style.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Buy the GTR. I bought a black R33 GTR and mixed driving one motorways too etc I was getting nearly 500 kms to a full tank.

Mate has an FD, he couldnt seem to bring the car anywere as it cost him so much on juice that he only took it out occasionally while the GTR was a daily driver for me

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
520ish hp, 450ft lbs of torque.... with busted O2 sensors.... so I am seeing about 15-17MPG...

mixed motorway, around town and giving it some welly.

yes it is cack but the way I look at it... how long are we going to be allowed to drive such environmentally unfriendly cars. I am giving it 10 years.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
amen to the above! :)

i dont see much more than 15mpg i reckon, 550fhp + daily driver i get 180 miles to a tank of v power.

mixed driving, i dont use the right pedal much i have to admit, the odd overtake to get annoying people out the way and maybe once or twice a week 20 second blast or so to clear the cobwebs and bring the smile back :)

·
Registered
652 Posts
Fuel consumption

If you are at all worried about fuel consumption in a vehicle, then my friend you don't want a Skyline, much less the GTR version. Honda and Toyota has some sort of Hybrid car, might look into one of those, I get 300 clicks to the tank in Tokyo traffic, and any gas I had saved driving civil is blown as soon as I catch a clean road or a nice break in traffic. Highway running I can get about 700~750 Clicks a Tank. I don't know about other owners but I don't care about gas milage, and I don't know what the price of gas is anyways, I go to the pump with the highest Octane rating and say "Mantan Kudasai":thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
To repeat the previous posts and stating the obvious (well to me anyway)

If you want to drive a 400/500/600 bhp car then you surely must understand that to produce more power you need to use more fuel.

end of.........

One day my Stagea will get 200 miles to a tank (in my dreams :chuckle: )

So thats 15-17mpg but with nearly 600bhp and 500ft lbs torque I think thats OK.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
My car can run up to 760bhp atw on race fuel at 1.75bar and around 650 atw on pump fuel. (It runs 1000cc injectors and twin fuel pumps and lines). Sometimes though it's more about getting somewhere in reasonable comfort with reasonable economy and I'll often do a long journey without even coming onto anything like full boost as my turbos don't come in till around 4.5k. I sometimes even put the exhaust bung in to quieten it down like the other night when I went to Dover.

On that rip I did around 350 miles down to Dover and back, via Essex on the way home. The first hour was in snow and ice and I did about 15 miles getting through Camberley, then quite a bit of stop start heavy traffic on the M25 and then a naughty dash down the M20 so a bit of everything really.

It used around 85 quids worth of Total and Esso 97octane.

I just worked that out at about 21mpg for the trip, I'd say that was pretty good considering, although I hardly came on boost for the whole trip but did spend a lot of time in traffic.

In the cruise the afr's are around 13.75 with light throttle.

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
180 on a full tank on Motorways

5 to the gallon on Track

But she is running 720bhp atf !! 600atw

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.