GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my R34 for about 6 years now. It was well modified by the previous owner, and after a bit of tinkering, it has been pretty problem free for the duration of my ownership except for one thing. The fuel pump kicks the bucket every 2-3 years. Fuel pump will just die and I'm left stranded waiting for a tow. The car is at about 500 to 600HP, and the current pump is 280LPH.

So my question is: is this normal? How much life are you guys getting out of your pumps? I don't mind changing the pump every few years, but I hate getting stranded. Would a dual pump setup mitigate this issue?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Make the change to a Nismo intank and you will get rid of your issue.
How long does your Nismo pump usually last? I switched to the Sard pump after the previous owner's Nismo failed.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why not use an OEM as a lift and a Bosch 044 inline?
Does this mean having 2 pumps? I'm trying to keep things simple, but if this is a solid setup, I'd consider it.

Thanks everyone for the advice. I didn't realize the Nismo pump was the obvious choice.

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,189 Posts
Does this mean having 2 pumps? I'm trying to keep things simple, but if this is a solid setup, I'd consider it.

Thanks everyone for the advice. I didn't realize the Nismo pump was the obvious choice.
As the poster above noted a Bosch 040 is the intank option which is the easiest option.

Two pumps may be 'better' but certainly won't be 'easier'.

BTW if you are killing pumps is there another problem you aren't seeing?

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
Easiest setup coming from stock is, leaving OEM in-tank as a liftpump and fitting a Bosxh 044 inline and that's it, easiest option now (and what I would do) is fit a 044 in tank and be done with it ;)

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hi freakazoid,

Brains and Chris said a 040 is an in-tank alternative, you mention a 044, are they interchangeable, or did you mean an 040 for an in-tank?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts