GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
Looking for a bit of advice please.

I have a small fuel leak on my R32GTR it is coming from the number 3 injector area.

I have searched on the forum and read that it was likely to be an o-ring.
So I replaced all the seals iaw R32 service manual I also found an injector with a small crack running along the circumference of the tip. This was also replaced. A few days later the leak returned :(
My assumption was that I had probably picked up a bit of dirt on a seal whilst fitting, so I purchased another complete set and done the job again. This time taking the rail off cleaning and inspecting each injector, cleaning the seating area in the head with cotton buds soaked in oil etc. All o-rings lightly coated in engine oil and rail properly torqued....
Fine for 2 days now starting to leak again :eek: :mad:

My question is in your expierience is there any other cause for leaks in this area? I'm thinking slightly bent fuel rail bracket, injector going porus in a way which is not visible?

Any advice much appreciated as I don't like spending lots of money on o-rings and the smell of petrol coming through to the cabin is starting to get to me (lucky I don't smoke! :smokin: )

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.

I'll have another look. (If I use a match to shed some light on the area I'm sure I'll find the source of the leak ;) :D )

1 - 3 of 3 Posts