GTR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be recommended for a silvia that hopefully will be pushing about 500HP from an RB26DETT? I am thinking simple here, would one internal pump suffice? The engine is being built although was a fully functional R32 RB26DETT, I am fitting CP pistons, standard size with stock rods and ARP connecting rod bolts, Cosworth MLT Headgasket (1.5mm), stock head with HKS Cams and Greddy Cam Gears and gasket ported intake and having the lump on the exhaust side removed, Tomei oil pump and needed restrictor and Tomei Baffle and Cosworth Main and Rod bearings. I am going to be running Nismo 550CC injectors via a Tomei Fuel Rail and using a Sard FPR. Let me know what is a safe fuel setup for my car. Car is going to be used for regular street driving with the occasional blast on the track and maybe a little drifting but nothing serious. I wanna do things right and I know that there are many people on here pushing way more than what I am after and can shed some light for me. Main thing is being reliable.

Jason.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I am fitting a Sard 265l/hr fuel pump to my 500bhp build.

Nismo, Power Enterprises, Tomei all do high flow ones.

Anything over 255l/hr will be enough - could have fitted a Walbro, but heard there are loads of chinese knock offs and you don't want a fuel pump failing!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a legitimate Walbro and I was contemplating setting it up with a direct feed from the battery using the stock pump wire to power a relay and trigger the battery feed. Pretty much how my ER34 is set up. Just wondering whether that would be enough or maybe use it for now and ensure everything is working proper and then upgrade?

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
I have a RB26 manual Stagea running over 500 at the wheels.

Uses one Hi Flow tomei pump with direct wiring circuit to make sure the pump actually gets full voltage etc.

Fueling recently checked by abbey (runs an F con V pro gold) No problems and has 700 injectors

1 - 7 of 7 Posts