GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What sort of fuel econ should we expect at the following stages:
(My R33 is at 300+ hp and gets 215 miles per tank full)

300 hp..
400 hp..
500 hp..

ETC.....

I know there are many variables but what are the basics here??

Andy.

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Petrol costs?

Hi. We have been here before. The usual reply is.....you have a GTR and are worrying about petrol costs. I worry about money but petrol......when it is empty I fill up:D
My bhp will be proved at the dyno day but I think that it is about 400 bhp. On a run to Rod Bells and back (190 miles, A50 & M6), I got 19mpg @ 90 mph cruise:)
I had to drive at 60-70 on saturday (car following) and would say that figure would have been better but did not measure it.
Try asking how much you use on a track day:eek:
Dave

·
Registered
322 Posts
A tip for skyliners ..

Most garages now days have cash machines after filling up with Optimax attach a 30 chain to the atm & dump the clutch at 7650 rmp so as you dont overstrain the engine like.

Weston

Ps you don't have to live in Essex to use this highly amusing scam
:smokin:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not too fused about the cost of fuel, but had several tank in lately and had very mixed milage results from each! Left me a little bit puzzled.

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Ok fair enough. I only know I did 19mpg as I started with a full tank and then refilled it when I got home so I knew how much I had used. Don't usualy bother checking but I bet some of the anoraks on here do:D

·
Registered
592 Posts
Easy Really

Look in the mirror and do the biggest smile you can mark that off on the mirror with a felt tip pen - then do a straight face and mark that off - then write 7-8mpg at the top point and 28mpg and the lowest do a few scale marks

All you do now is when you get to your destination check your smile in the mirror for an instant reading.....

·
Registered
520 Posts
I usually get around 160/170 miles to a full tank, but once or twice I have seen less than 110 :-o, that's with about 550bhp and no track days. I guess it depends how you drive it!

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Fuel eco!

I was getting about 220miles a tank (50 Litres) from my car when she was running a mere 348 bhp (although she was internally buggered unknown to me).

I have had a lot of mods including a new N1 engine and Reimax competion Turbines and we are estimating power at about 480 bhp at only 1 bar (not dyno'd yet) I can still manage to get 200 mile + from a full tank!

...Ian.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts