GTR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i just thought id let you all know incase any other people are in the same boat i am.ive been having work done on my gtr32.just before i took it down to the garage id just filled the skyline petrol tank up with shell optimax.its taken roughly 9/10 months to finaly getting round to all the work being done on it.last week i drained all the fuel out of my skyline(as putting a second tommei fuel pump intank) and filled my golf gti turbo up with it,but since then my golfs been missfiring and jumping around and engine managment light coming up!.it must mean the fuel that id taken out the skyline had gone dead and lost its "bang"(octane?),well thats what im assuming.i thought with the tank being full it would have been ok to use still,i guessed wrong.i shouldnt have been so tight and just ditched it i supose:flame::flame:.lookes like im going to have to drain the fuel out off golf and fill 2no cars up with fuel very shortly.doh!!

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
hello mate, yes fuel has a limited life span of a couple of months.

Mine would not start the other day. Drained it and put £5 quid of fresh in and it fired straight away.

P.s did that turbo oil drain fit o.k mate?

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fuel

happy new year mate.i didnt relise it was that short of a life for fuel!! and it didnt fit dont ask me why.you know the way we got round it for the oil drains,we ended up getting one off a rover as they have a flexi section in the middle of them so you can heat them up and twist and shape them the way you want to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts