GTR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

Just want to be sure on this one. I live in kent and just got my car back friday after having various bits and pieces done and drove it home on normal unleaded fuel,without obviously using any boost. Seems impossible at the moment to get Vpower at any shell garage,but being cautious would it be okay on Tesco 99 ? same octane ron,but car mapped on Vpower and its highly modified.

I dont want to keep using it with normal unleaded if i can help it.

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
6,297 Posts
Usually mappers put a 95bron map on so you can use normal fuel if you have too

·
Registered
32 Posts
I find more consistent results with tesco 99 than v power anyway but it will be fine. And as above most decent mappers will put you a crap fuel map anyway.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
E10 but 95 octane crap actually felt better than my usual 99 E5. However I have a full flex fuel set up and it may have been adjusting on the fly?

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Mine is tuned for V Power but runs OK on Momentum. Only thing I notice driving-wise is that the car seems much smoother on V Power. Can be a bit hesitant on slow stop/start driving with Momentum and definitely pops more as well when engine warming up and changing gear. I hadn't realised how much cheaper Momentum is compared to V Power (like Blobbish says) until I filled up last week after no Shell fuel for a fortnight.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all of your replys,managed to fill up yesterday with Vpower.

I did turn the boost down in map 4 and still careful as there was still just under a quarter of a tank of 95. I will let it empty,refill before giving it any serious boost. Never used anything else but Vpower.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts