GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i run my r32 gtr on v power, but if i needed fuel and could not find a shell station what is the alternative.
i was told that optimax now v power is a must and nothing else should be used, but what was used before shells super fuel?.,,,.,
answers please as the wife and i are taking a romantic weekend away to scotland in the lovely gtr and i know i will need a top up on the way..:p

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
If you cant find a garage that sells decent fuel, take a couple of bottles of octane booster with you.. at least if you have to put 95 RON in, you can perk it up a bit :)

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Just Super Unleaded, some people use octane boost aswell just to be safe when they are doing hard driving, trackdays etc.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Any good performance centre, Millers is the best (IMO) its about a fiver a bottle, which will do for a full tank.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
R32 FLOYD said:
where can i get octane booster from and how much.,, thanks
I get mine from Graham Goode ..... if you buy in bulk (10 bottles) it works out around £26 for the 10 IIRC.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Pulse D said:
I get mine from Graham Goode ..... if you buy in bulk (10 bottles) it works out around £26 for the 10 IIRC.
What brand is that, and how many 'RON' points?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I know with Millers.. if you add two bottles to a full tank, you are easily over 100 RON

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
leggus said:
What brand is that, and how many 'RON' points?
Millers... 'Octane Boost' 1 bottle gives 2 points on 40 litres:)

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
They're in Leicester, we get our Subaru cranks from them, we are VERY good customers lol!

0116 244 0080

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
R32 FLOYD said:
who, what why where when is graham goode and how do i get hold of.,.,,., thanks
Graham Goode Racing... known for work on Cosworth's & Scooby's

He used to be pretty handy at circuit racing too:)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
also why im here is there an add'on i can get for my car so i can get better mpg for long drives and switch back for playing

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
R32 FLOYD said:
also why im here is there an add'on i can get for my car so i can get better mpg for long drives and switch back for playing

sure is, its called your 'right foot' :)

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
R32 FLOYD said:
Boost Controller?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
R32 FLOYD said:
thank leggus, this means i am now screwed as my right foot is made of lead lol!:)

Same as mine ;)

Fuel bills are a bitch aint they, but well worth it :)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well with a skyline the saying 'money to burn' is an understatement,
but what a lovely way to burn your hard earned cash

1 - 20 of 31 Posts