GTR Forum banner

81 - 100 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Not wanting to undermine anything here, as a comparison to my car on RS581's Lemans blowers (a pretty old design plain bearing type) made 480hp atw's on 1.3 bar / R33 AFM's /264 cams / PFC / ARC 70mm FMC / Standard dumps / 90mm exhaust / 700 cc injectors.

Car now makes 560 hp atws /2530's / d jetro / bigger dumpy's @ 1.5 Bar.
Very similar hairdryer to the 2860r-5
It "should" make 600hp + @ 1.6 bar on pump with that setup you have.
The factory FMC should be ok, but could make more power with a slightly large more efficient one.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Stealth 316 - Fuel Pump Upgrade Guide
Stealth 316 - Fuel Pump Upgrade Guide

Conclusions
The A'PEXi BNR32 fuel pump 404-A011 (an upgrade pump for the Nissan Skyline GT-R) is the highest flowing in-tank fuel pump at line pressures up to 75 psi and at 13.5 volts. At present (February 2004) I am not aware that this pump has been installed in any 3S car. However, it is installed in some Mazda cars that use a factory Denso fuel pump nearly identical in size and design to the 3S factory Denso fuel pump. The relief valve opens at about 75 psi, limiting use to boost pressures up to 30 psi if base fuel pressure is set at 45 psi. With available flow measurements at only 13.2 volts, we do not know yet how this pump performs at lower or higher voltage. Nevertheless, if this pump is installed with a re-wired electrical circuit (providing at least 13.2 volts during WOT operation), six injectors up to 720 cc/min can be supported. List price in the 2003 A'PEXi online catalog is $499.00. I have seen it advertised at online stores for $360 to $410.

The factory R33 Skyline GT-R and HKS Skyline upgrade 1407-RN019 fuel pumps are the second highest flowing in-tank fuel pumps at line pressures up to 75 psi and at 13.5 volts. These fuel pumps may flow a little less than the other pumps below 65 psi, but this is not important when using large injectors. It is the flow at the high boost ranges when large injectors would be required that is important. These pumps can support six injectors up to 640 cc/min with 13.5 supplied volts.

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Not wanting to undermine anything here, as a comparison to my car on RS581's Lemans blowers (a pretty old design plain bearing type) made 480hp atw's on 1.3 bar / R33 AFM's /264 cams / PFC / ARC 70mm FMC / Standard dumps / 90mm exhaust / 700 cc injectors.

Car now makes 560 hp atws /2530's / d jetro / bigger dumpy's @ 1.5 Bar.
Very similar hairdryer to the 2860r-5
It "should" make 600hp + @ 1.6 bar on pump with that setup you have.
The factory FMC should be ok, but could make more power with a slightly large more efficient one.

Glenn - I know it should, that why i'm a bit puzzled. I dont want to get too concerned over dyno numbers but its hard not too :( hehe

It'll get better.

·
Registered
396 Posts
also worth noting the boost drop at higher revs.... 1.6bar, falling to 1.4bar.

Getting that to hold would give better results
You have to get better boost controller or there is some setup wrong..
Timing advance affect very much! Few degree timing advance can give almost 60-100hp.. How your tuner check knocking? Does he touch to base timing map?

There is something wrong with your car.. I know many setups where is more power.:runaway:

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
The boost dropping is indictive of high pressure loss in the intake / exhaust system.

Mine would hold 1.7bar boost to 8000rpm at around 55% duty cycle (on quite a stiff wastegate spring)

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
could try blocking off the DVs, i dont run with any on my set up, just another thing to eliminate i guess...

If youve got adjustable actuators maybe tension them up a little bit (a pain in the arse on the car but its possible)

·
Registered
919 Posts
Try pressuring the system from the filters to the Inlet to see if it is leaking.

Perfect touch done that to mine and found no leaks at 2bar. I run no DV, but if I had it would have shown up a leak if it was sh1t.

Worth ago.

81 - 100 of 113 Posts