GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So how long has it been since we have seen the white "Beast from the East"

I was looking for pictures of his car but i could find any, I know is having major update but we could have built city the time its taken. It was off the road when we went to Japan in the end of 2007 or did it break later than that?

John is it due for a outing this year?

Any body got any pic's?

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
Spa/ring trip in may 2007...finally threw in the towel at brunters in July!

As far as I know it's still in bits at tuners, got to be THE longest rebuild ever!!!

·
R35 Section manager
11,357 Posts
Treg steps away from the computer and waits for Fuggles rage to take over his next post...
The last time I spoke to John about it (4 wks ago), it was taking forever just to fit the roll cage.

I can understand John's car is having alot of work done-but this has taken ages.

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
Think the last time was at Brunters as snowy said but I've never seen John driving a white gtr :)

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
it's in the worksop has a full cage tied into all four struts now quite a bit done since previous time i saw it.
Without comment on timescale; on the positive side the cage is a full custom build not just a fit, door bars still to be positioned. It's also had front inner panel straightening, strut top repairs, boot floor removed and replaced with a lightweight panel designed to take a fuel cell, all floor gromets have been removed and welded up, all sound proofing removed and cleaned up for paint. Rear subrame has had work and is painted. It didn't look too far off going for interior and engine bay paint.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sorry John, just want to see you back on the road in something that weights less than 4 tons or is that tonnes

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
thanks chaps. Not sure what I should say or how to reply but at least it prompted me to make two phone calls this morning
I hope that phone call included a question about a drivers seat :)...it's just too low sitting on the floor John and trying to drive. I keep hitting things. :runaway:

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.